“Good value stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
tipperary
“Good value stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Was at an event in Punchestown, stayed here in a 3 bed house. House was clean, pleasantly decorated with all rooms en suite. Ate in the bar, food was good.
Overall for 2 nights we got a great rate and will use here again.

• Stayed September 2013
avonri, Manager at Avon Ri, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear TheTippTwins,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review on our resort.

I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be good value and that you will stay with us again!

Hope you did well at Punchestown (",)

Laura & The Avon Ri Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Athenry, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed recently with my wife and three young kids.

First the good points:
The location is excellent and the views from Avon Ri are beautiful with the first reaction being Wow. Staff throughout the complex were extremely helpful and friendly. Blessington is a great base for a family holiday with easy access to dublin, glendalough, breathtaking drives such as the sally gap and beautiful beaches beyond glendalough. Food in the restaurant was very good. The cost of the accommodation was very reasonable too. Lovely pet farm onsite for the kids!

On the downside, there were lots of activities onsite but i felt they were a bit over priced and we ended up using none of them - we spent our time and money away from Avon Ri. The pool is quite small and does not have a shallow kids area - i guess theres not much you can do about that now. There were no dvd players in the house and none available from reception either which was a pity as it is a great way to keep young kids occupied for a while if mum and dad want a lie in any morning or maybe a quick movie at the end of the day. We were given one but it was faulty and they had no others available during the week - might be no harm to have a few more available. The final quibble was the mattress on our bed - woke up with back pain each morning which took a while to shake off!

All in all we had a great holiday and hope to come back again

3 Thank barryblaine
avonri, Manager at Avon Ri, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Barryblaine,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review on our resort, we greatly appreciate our guests feedback.

I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay, found our team to be helpful and friendly, found our accomodation to be reasonable and enjoyed our food.

I am sorry about us not having a DVD player for you, we have actually invested in some new ones as they have proven so popular.

We hope to see you again soon!

Laura & The Avon Ri Team
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We recently attended a team building day at Avon RI. The surrounds are picturesque and the facilities good. We participated in the sailing, archery, clay pigeon shooting, kayaking and rope activities and great fun was had by all. This was finished off in the evening with a wonderful outside BBQ.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RosB__11
Dear RosB_11,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review about our resort. We greatly value our guests feedback.

I am delighted you enjoyed your team building activities, BBQ and beautiful surroundings and I hope we see you again in the future!

I have passed on your lovely comments to our team.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We have been holidaying in donegal for many years and decided to try somewhere different this year, we were anxious about this as we were used to excellent facilities in donegal. However, I have to say Avon Ri was just perfect. From the moment we arrived everything was excellent. The houses are large 3 bed houses with ample space for all 6 of us. They were very well equipped, had everything we needed. I called reception and asked for patio furniture and it was delivered immediately, the receptionist Karolina was excellent, was able to answer all our questions and very helpful
My mother in law was in a wheelchair and had no problem accessing all the facilities. The kids did kayaking and zip line which was so much fun and there was a movie on in the evening to keep them occupied while we had dinner in the bar. Bar food was excellent, great variety and had a lovely welcome from the Chef, he spent time talking to us about Avon Ri and the food.
We ate in the restaurant on our last night which is more expensive than the bar food but it was worth it, the staff couldn't have been more attentive , the Chef even came out with a cake for my Dad for his birthday.
I would highly recommend it, if you want a sophisticated spa holiday then go to a five star hotel but if you want a fun, friendly holiday with clean apartments and excellent facilities then Avon Ri should be your first choice
We are already planning a few days over the mid term break. One word fantastic!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Peter B
Dear Peter B,

Thank you so much for taking time to write such a lovely review about our resort, we are all thrilled that you and your family had such a lovely time and I have passed all your lovely comments to all of our team members.

I'm delighted to hear that you a planning another visit and we very much look forward to welcoming you all back.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We spent a very enjoyable week at Avon Ri this summer. The location is beautiful and the staff were very helpful. The children spent a day at the activity camp and had a ball. We also ate out and the food was very good. The main thing that lets Avon Ri down are the fittings and furnishing in the house. The houses are described as luxury accommodation and should reflect this. The kitchen utensils are very poor with several items not provided, grater, sharp knife, vegetable peeler. I asked for these and they were provided but the knives were blunt. The crockery was mismatched and several pieces were badly cracked. The oven and fridge doors did not close properly. The back garden was open plan with no washing line and shared furniture. Had we wanted to BBQ this would have been in full view of other guests. The showers are also very poor and it was difficult to wash hair under them. These are all easily addressed. I also think that an addition of a free games room would be a huge advantage for families with older kids. The activities are very good but they are costly.

Dear forhm,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review about our resort. We greatly value our guests feedback and we have taken your comments on board.

Since your stay we have updated most of our houses with new kitchen utensils and all our maintenance is up to date.

We are also in the process of upgrading all of our patio furniture ready for next spring.

I am really pleased that you and your family enjoyed our facilities and food - I have passed on your nice comments to our team.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a weekend at Avon Ri. My mother in law booked a weekend away with the family for her 60th birthday. We travelled with three couples and two young kids. I didn't book it and was looking at reviews on trip advisor which if being honest, frightened me a little bit. We arrived first and checked into our house - having read recent reviews I gave it a once over. It was spotless and extremely clean. The first night we ate in the house which was more than well equipped, and there was 9 of us. The rooms were very large, clean and very modern. There was 6 beds so we got an additional camp bed and we brought two blow ups. On Saturday we did some activities. Archery, clay shooting, zip wire and kayaking. It was brilliant. Our guide Mark was excellent and the kids 4 & 7 were involved in everything. The activities were very well organised and planned. In the afternoon we went for a walk and the kids used the playground and went for a swim in the pool. They had a great time. We ate in the bar which was reasonable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The portions were large and the Renie required. In short anyone looking for a fun family get away. Well worth a visit. Make sure to check the prices and pre book the activities. Other than that. Enjoy.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear MadYolk,

Thank you so much for taking time to write such a lovely review about our resort.

We greatly value our guests feedback and we are delighted that you all enjoyed your stay so much!

I have passed on your review and lovely comments to our teams and they were chuffed!

We all hope to see you again in the future!

Kilkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We are just back from a week in Avon Ri. Had a really great time. The house was very comfortable and spotlessly clean with all the mod cons you could need. I did feel that having only two 2 seater couches for 6 people was at times a little problematic, but we adopted a "first come"......policy to overcome that. The location and on site activities were excellent and everything was a stones throw away from our house which made life so more easier as we didn't have to constantly drive places. My only gripe was the cost of the ESB/Gas for the week. €70 for a weeks stay in summer time, with no need for heating and being away from the house for most of the day, was in my opinion way too much to pay. This was our fifth summer to rent a house and we have never paid more than €35 for utilities. I would go so far as to say my own ESB bill would not amount to €70 for 1 month, not to mention for 1 week. When I queried the amount on leaving I was told that it was because we booked through "Supervalu" and not directly from the resort that we were being charged this amount. This I feel to be discriminatory. Why should one be penalised for booking through a third party? While the overall experience was very good, paying that amount for ESB for 1 week would discourage me from staying there again, which I feel is a pity. However I feel people need to be made aware of this charge if booking through Supervalu, as there is no mention of this extraordinary fee on their web site.

Dear Sue M,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review about our resort.

I am really pleased you enjoyed your time with us and found the houses to be clean and comfortable.

We have taken your comments on board regarding the ESB charges and have worked with Supervalue to change this going forward and if booked directly through us all costs are included in the nightly rate.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Laura & The Avon Ri Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Osprey Hotel & Spa
Lawlors Hotel
Lawlors Hotel
#1 of 5 in Naas

Been to Avon Ri? Share your experiences!