“Super”
Review of Avon Ri

Avon Ri
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed here recently,my family had a great time, the staff were nice, our house was pleasant and clean, we enjoyed our time out here and will definitely be coming again,the activities crew are really good and we tried out some of the water sports of which there is plenty. It's situated close to the shops and is a great base for visiting other beauty spots thanks sue

1  Thank Galwaysue

Dear Galwaysue,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass on your comments to our team.

I'm pleased you enjoyed your water sports & activities.

It's great to hear you'll be back with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Kind regards,

Laura, Valerie and The Avon Ri Team.

There are newer reviews for Avon Ri

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a week long stay in avon ri... Loved the activities and the location but was a bit disappointed with the house... Sitting room only sits 4 people even tho it's advertised as 6 people house. We had a prob wit our tv which was never dealt with , even though we complained on our first day! Noisey neighbours affected our nights sleep!! Floors were dirty but we cleaned them ourselves... No where to hang out Ur washing, which disappointed us!!! Also a charge of €10 per day appalled me for electric/gas as we were barely in the house, i did complain when we checked out but was basically fobbed off!!!!

2  Thank Foodiekk

Dear Foodiekk,

Thank you very much for taking time to write your review and thank you for your positive feedback regarding our location and the Activity Centre.

I am concerned however to read your comments regarding your TV and cleanliness issues. Please can you contact me direct on laura@avonri.com or 045 900 670 so that I can find out some more information from you and be able to investigate further.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I suggested this location for my daughters wedding and then spent the last week living in fear of something going wrong !! Nothing did and I mean nothing at all. The food was simply unbelievable right through to the barbecue but the wedding meal was simply unforgettable. I cannot single out any staff member as all were excellent and were on first name terms with a lot of us including the Head Chef who told us of some awards he had won and, interestingly, from where he had sourced, and how he had prepared the meal. The playground for the children and the affordable prices for food drink and accommodation are the reason I am giving 5 stars for everything and even though we are not from Blessington we will be back very soon.

1  Thank Fennetec

Dear Fennetec,

Thank you very much for taking time to write your review. We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your daughters wedding and your time with us.

Thank you for your lovely comments and feedback, I have passed it all onto our team. We pride ourselves in our service and food and I know Martin, Our Executive Head Chef will be as delighted as we are to hear your review.

We hope to see you, your family and friends again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Laura, Valerie and The Avon Ri Team.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

stopped off for a bite to eat, we decided to sit outside as the weather was good the scenery was magnificent and the children played in the playground, the meal was very impressive the children were well catered for, the only let down was the service for dessert it took a long time for the dessert to arrive and my daughters ice cream was melted when it arrived and the cream on our dessert was not very fresh which makes me think that the desserts were left sitting for a while, all in all a lovely meal and the service from Paul was excellent a credit to the establishment.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Colmkaren,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review about our resort.

I'm really pleased to read you enjoyed your meal however I am sorry it took a while for your desserts to be served, I have passed on your comments to our chef and kitchen team and we will strive to ensure we don't let a similar situation happen again.

I have also passed on your comments to Paul regarding his excellent service, he was delighted to hear that and asked me to pass on his thanks to you.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Kind regards,

Laura, Valerie & The Avon Ri Team.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was at Avon Ri last week ( 27th of Juli - 2nd of August ), I should have been there already the 26th, but they had overbooking and we had to stay one night at an other hotel, the City West Hotel in Saggart ( which was actually better than Avon Ri ), but that was already not good for having a good feeling for Avon Ri. So we arrived on Saturday, we went to our appartment next to the lake ( Nr 41 ) and then we had the bad surprises. First one of the three toilets had still some brown stains, well hum yummy^^ Under the couch were some remainings of a lollypop. Lots of cobwebs on the lamps, dust on each window, the dishes were also not really clean, toaster was full of bread crumbs, and not enough dishes too, we could not open the door to the terrace, if they say the houses are for 6 people , they should have 6 seats around the table ( ok we were only 5 but I just want to mention it ) etc. Of course I went immediately to the reception, they sent immediately a cleaning team, and then we had to show what they need to clean, ok I couldn't show them the dirty toilet anymore, which of course I cleaned immediately by myself because I was disgusted, and I wanted to use it. I should have taken a picture , but when I see brown stains, this isn't really the first thing I have in mind to do. Because one of the cleaning ladies thought I was lying ( she didn't said it directly ), she only said this could not be, and wanted a proof, we always look after the toilets before we leave. Sorry but I really have better things to do,like making up a story like that. I don't want to get anybody in trouble, but if something like this happens, I cannot say nothing!!
The door to the terrace was never repaired by them during our stay, and I mentioned it quite often to the reception. They always said, yes someone will come, and the management will apologize too, well both things never happened.
The only good thing I can say is, the staff was very friendly , but all the other things ( overbooking and the dirty appartment ) are no-go's!!! , , would I recommend Avon Ri, no, and I would not come back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Timlux

Dear Roodt / Syre,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review about our resort, however on this occasion I am deeply concerned to read your review.

We take pride in our cleaning standards and the overall maintenance of the resort and from reading your comments I can see that we have let ourselves down and I am carrying out a full investigation of where we went wrong and putting a plan of action into place to ensure a similar situation does not arise again.

I would be really grateful if you could contact me at laura@avonri.com or on 045 900 670 so that I can speak to you directly and try my best to resolve this situation.

Manager,
Avon Ri, Blessington Lakeshore Resort.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We booked our holiday in Feb for the 20th July 2013 for a week. We have 3 young children. Upon arrival we were told they over booked and asked could they move us to an hotel for our last night. I explained we had just travelled for 3 and 1/2 hours, we don't know the area, and don't want to pack and unpack for three kids. In my words I said "I'm sorry, but not a hope".
We got our house keys, the house was great and fully wheelchair accessible, however we had not requested a wheelchair accessible house.
We started to enjoy our holiday, which we really did the place its self was great and central for a young family- Dublin zoo, and my daughter joined the kids camp.
The activity and restaurant staff we're very friendly and great for directions to local amenities.
Thursday morning a letter was delivered to our door saying to contact reception immediately and so I rang. The Hotel Manager Siobhan said" I know what you said the last day but you'll have to leave tomorrow morning" I was shocked as I thought I had dealt with this.
I explained we were within in our rights to stay as we had paid in full since Feb, she said "YOU'LL find your not and I'm going to get the General Manager to deal with ye.!"
We had in no way broken our contact and were very upset by Siobhan's manner on the phone, My husband said to her this is after ruining our holiday and she said "no its not!!"
She insisted that we WOULD be leaving the next morning, a day early.
We then contacted Supervalu breaks Manager Maura as we booked through them, Maura was shocked with what was happening to us as we were in our house at this time and afraid to leave encase we would come back and find our belongings outside!.
Supervalu breaks Manager was excellent, she took up our case on our behalf contacting the general manager. She told us not to worry and try enjoy our holiday.
If it was not for Maura we don't know what would have happened-
Supervalu apologised even though they were not at fault- we had no communication from reception then after that horrible phone call from Siobhan.- we never received an apology from Avon-Ri General Manager or from their -Hotel Manager Siobhan.
I feel I could not recommend Avon Ri because of this- like many other families this was our only holiday for the year. We were very upset by what happened.
However I would venture up to that side of the country again- it is a beautiful area.

Room Tip: Some houses are not belong to the Avon RI resort so, these are privately let for the summer, some pe...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank MARTINAWHELAN2013

Dear Martina,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review about our resort, however I am deeply concerned regarding your comments and the way in which you were dealt with during your stay regarding an outbooking situation.

I can assure you that this should not have happened and it is not the way in which we like to deal with our guests, I am carrying out a full investigation as to what exactly happened and more importantly to put a procedure into place to make sure it never happens again.

I would very much like to contact you direct, I have tried ringing your number we have on your reservation however so far I have been unable to contact you so if you could kindly contact me direct at laura@avonri.com or at 045 900 670 I would be really greatful as I would like the opportuntiy to put this situation right.

Manager,
Avon Ri Blessington Lakeshore Resort.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed 2 nights last year and decided to stay for a week this year with our 13yr old boy. We enjoyed our time so much that we've already decided to stay for a fortnight next year. Our son just loved the adventure club and made friends easily although we would suggest that Avon Ri highlight what's available in the clubs more strongly on its website.

We were very impressed with the forest/lakeside walk and can see that work is ongoing in that respect, well done!

The optimum view of the lake from the bar is breath taking but we were very disappointed with the bar food and would hope they might restore last year's menu, which we loved. We would also suggest that there is no need for live music in the bar, especially amplified music as the view is enough of an attraction. Having said that, if there has to be music, there needs to be some vetting of the quality of the performer. On one occasion the 'musician' was so poor and so loud that we felt forced to dine elsewhere.

The houses are clean and functional and while they will sleep 6, they are not suitable for 6 adults mainly because of a compact living area which seats just 4. The bedrooms are spacious and 2 are en-suite but the water pressure is very low making it difficult to shower and impossible if all 3 showers are on at the same time.

But all in all as said at the outset, we love Avon Ri and look forward to our next holiday there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Glad_Dad_Me_Lad

Dear Glad_Dad_Me_Lad,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review about our resort.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stayed and thrilled to see you have already booked for next year... We really look forward to welcoming you back!

I have taken all your comments on board regarding our menu, advertising, music, showers etc and will deal with each accordingly.

See you next year!

Kind regards,

Laura, Valerie & The Avon Ri Team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Osprey Hotel
Osprey Hotel
#2 of 5 in Naas
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure

Been to Avon Ri? Share your experiences!