“Great Holliday at weakened”
Review of Avon Ri

Avon Ri
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
“Great Holliday at weakened”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Location----is great near in dunnes store if u need any..

Pool-----hmmm not to bad....

Activity-----sound great but most are only offers at summer time due at cold weather so my kids only enjoy there zipline...pool...and playground...which there still happy abouth it...not fussy..

House-----brilliant...very spacious.....

Restaurant-------I'm not sure I did not go....

Reception-------- I think they too old for there job coz, there not even smiling.. unhelpful..I seem there not happy in there job...and take note plsss make at least two person in reception...u can't even talk to them coz they always in phone....no wonder there look not happy...

overall....I could rate this Avon ri for only 3 star....

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Jhingjing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Following the review from the couple who stayed over Paddys weekend. We also had the same Groupon voucher and they wouldn't even entertain us. They told me several times over e-mails that they had no availability however when I tried to book online it gave me the option to book a house at full price.
I was very disappointed with the customer service I received from the reception, I found them no help at all and a little rude. They wouldn't extend the voucher and told me to go to Groupon and get a refund. I read through the Groupon terms and conditions several times and no where was there anything about limited availability or excluded dates, other then over the Christmas.
I eventually got credit back from Groupon who were much more helpful and I'm now on the look out for another trip to spend it on as I will not be dealing with Avon Ri again even if another offer comes up. Which is a pity as the area sounds lovely but from what the other couple said in their review it doest sound like we missed out on much anyway.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
12 Thank Hazel C
Hi

Sorry to hear you that you had a problem during your stay while on a group on voucher. I am afraid we have limited availability for all Group On Bookings which Group On themselves agreed with. As a result of this any problems with reservations or availability needs to be taken up with Group On directly.

However if you would like to check availability at any other stage please contact Avon Ri directly and we will do what ever we can for you.

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel complex is a lovely place to stay. It sits on the lake. If you are looking to get away with friends or family with plenty of space and activities to do then this is the place. Its clean,the houses are really spacious. Only knock I have are the pillows. They were flat as pancakes. Could probably asked reception for a few more but didn't. Im sure it would have been no big deal as the staff there were very nice.
Its not exactly a place for romantic get away but def a place to stay if wanting to venture around Wicklow mountains and lakes. Sometimes its nice to have a house so you can relax and do what you like.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank David D
David,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

It is great to hear that your stay in Avon Ri went so well and of course if you asked we could have given you more pillows - There are extra pillows in each room but you may not have seen them.

We pride ourselves in setting high standards in all aspects of our resort and reviews like this make it all worth while.

Look forward to seeing you again soon,

Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just home from my Hen weekend that we spent in Avon Ri and couldn't recommend it highly enough. We stayed from 22nd to 23rd March. Accommodation was excellent, food was divine in both bar and restaurant and activities and leaders were brilliant. Also worth mentioning that the staff were so pleasant and accommodating and the relaxed atmosphere around the place just made the weekend. Thank you so much Avon Ri

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Eilish,

Great to hear your Hen Weekend was such a success and you found our resort made your weekend so special.

Look forward to seeing you again soon,

ireland
Reviewed March 25, 2013

very surprised to read comments from another guest that stayed around the same time as myself as our experience was quiet the opposite , we found the cleanliness to be a good standard and the service I received @ reception was excellent from a lady called Isabel if my memory services me correct, the food in the restaurant was amazing and very good value, if we could of bought the weather everything would of been perfect and myself and my family will look forward to maybe getting another break before the start of next seasons school year as the children had a ball & it was great to see them playing out doors, many thanks to all the staff of Avon Ri for providing us with a much needed break.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ann654,

Thank you kindly for your positive comments on all areas of our business it really means a lot. We take all our reviews on Trip Advisor very serious.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you return in the near future

Dublin
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed in Resort from 18th to 21st March 2013. Got great deal from Groupon but had an extra charge of €50 to pay for our Dog, who came with us. 2 friends from UK were to join us but had to cancel, glad it was only my husband, myself and our dog because of the very poor standards that we faced in the house when we arrived. There was a "hole" at the Front door, a used bar of soap on the ground and cigarette buts, the shrubbery around the front of the house was strewn with rubbish. When we got into the house, it just got worse! Kitchen was filty dirty, I had to wash down the doors of the kitchen units before touching them, fridge inside and out was a disgrace. Dining room chairs and sitting room chairs had all to be washed down, food particles on all. Front window and french door glass filty too, obviously a small child was in the house before us, but the "Cleaners" did not do their job. There was about 4 dishwasher tablets and a "dirty" tee towel in the press under the sink. Only 3 knives and 5 forks (2 that would tear the mouth off you, if used), this was a house to sleep 6 people?? I also had to wash down the bannister of the stairs and the lockers at the side of out bed, totally filty dirty. The duvet cover was thankfully clean but had a tear in the seam of it, at the top. But the final straw was that there was 3 condoms in the Dressing table drawer, at least still in their packs!!! We complained to the Receptionist when checking out, she apologised but used the excuse that the "Cleaners" where from a Company that the Resort hired in,we asked if there were not "spot checks" carried out and she stated that the Cleaning Company carry them out? We suggested that the Resort should carry out their own "spot check" and she made the excuse that with at least 25 houses being let out at one time, that this would not really help. Don't think she really cared?? She did reduce the charge for our dog to €25 euro even though the house was cleaner after the dog staying it that it was when we arrived. She suggested that we should have made our complaint when we arrived and the "cleaners" would have been called back in. But as our stay was for only 3 nights, we did not wish to sit around waiting for our house to be "re-cleaned" before we unpacked and also felt better to do it ourselves. To finish on a positive note, the Resort is on a beautiful setting, houses very warm and well laid out. Resort is very convenient to touring parts of Wicklow, we had a lovely day in at Russborough House and Glendalough on the 19th and the weather was kind enough to us too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank DublinGerD
DublinGer D,

I am really shocked to read your review and I am in the process of investigating exactly what happened during you stay and I will contact you as soon as I find some answers.

I really appreciate your feedback

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We booked two houses as we got a very good deal on the Groupon and 10 of us went for a 3 day weekend stay. My initial thought when drivng into the resort was that the grounds and houses were very well maintained and kept. I was a little worried with the drive through the industrial estate as I though I turned wrong, but the very good signage all the way out the road was a great help.
The houses are huge inside and if anything the bedrooms should be smaller and th kitchens should have been made bigger, but there is still a massive amount of space in the houses, which are extremely comfortable and modern. Another bonus is the views over the lake which are breathtaking and very accessable fromt he houses. We didnt do anything as the weather was cold and drizzly, but i can imagine theres plenty to do in the summer. The swimming pool is small, but I thought very clean and did the job (I suppose in the height of summer season it could get very crowded).
We ate in the restaurant on Friday evening and they had a 3 course meal for 2 with a bottle of wine for €50 (hard to beat that). The food was really good and cant complain about the service or quality of the food. They even gave the kids something (pasta) that wasnt on the menu) when asked.
Its a very calm relaxing place where youll definatly chill and recharge the batteries (be a great place for a mediation weekend or yoga during the winter).
I would say that they need to have a more detailed welcome pack with prices, activitys and especially a map of the resort and area. We found a lovely wooded walk down at the end, the day we were heading home and only found it by accident.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dermot B
Avon R, Manager at Avon Ri, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dermot B,

Great to hear your weekend stay in Avon Ri was just what you were looking for. If you ever need anything please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

We always pride ourselves in making the customer as relaxed as possible during their stay

See you again soon

The Avon Ri Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Glenview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Glen Of The Downs
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club

Been to Avon Ri? Share your experiences!