“No. 1 B and B in Ireland”

and 1 more site!
Minnock's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 14 Birr B&B and Inns
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“No. 1 B and B in Ireland”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I spent several days at Minnock's B and B. Fantastic place to stay. Veronica, the owner of the B and B ,was very attentive to our needs. She makes a fantastic breakfast. Our bathroom and bedroom was spotless. The beds were very comfortable and we slept so well in this rural home. It was very tastefully decorated. Quiet, relaxing and a great place to chill out.
Thank you Veronica for all of your hospitality.

Paul and Sally

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sally R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Mrs Minnock made us feel personally welcome to her fantastic home. She was very attentive and could not do enough for us - even booking our taxi's. The location is beautiful with Birr town just a couple of miles away. We visited during Birr's Vintage week which was great and very lively. The vintage cars and fancy dress was one of the highlights of our stay. Our room at Veronica's B&B was homely and comfortable and the Breakfast was amazing. There were eleven in our party and we all were impressed with the level of service overall and we will definitely return - hopefully next year...watch this space.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We found this place two years ago when we were looking for B&B so we could go to the game fair and were not disappointed got a great welcome and a great nights sleep and a very good breakfast next morning this place is a little gem many thanks Veronica for a great stay

Room Tip: Good rooms great hospitality and not to far from the town great place to rest after a hard day
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Veronica M, Owner at Minnock's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you kindly for your comments. It was a pleasure to share my home with you and your family.
Wellingborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

stayed at minnocks b&b for 4 days there was eleven in our group and nothing was to much trouble for Veronica ,the rooms were excellent and very comfortable the breakfast was outstanding we could not have wished for a better stay Veronica even arranged taxis for us to travel to and from Birr, would just like to say thank you for a great time from all eleven of us and wish you well we will be back next year.
thank you. Marie and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Veronica M, Owner at Minnock's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hi Marie and friends, thank you so much for your positive feedback following your recent stay. As always, it was a pleasure to have you all stay with us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks also for the beautiful flowers, they are in pride of place in the hallway. We look forward to welcoming you all again in the future,
Kind Regards,
Veronica
wexford, ireland
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Have sampled Minnock's breakfast in their branch in Manama. The breakfast included all the standard components - juice cereal, cold meat, delicious bread etc., all served with a sense of humour. a thoroughly pleasant. Haven't sampled their bed though. That remains a treat to be anticipated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed with Veronica whilst visiting my daughter in Co Offaly and am only delighted to report that I enjoyed my stay only made better by the welcome comfort on a wet windy day with a cup of coffee with wonder scones and a comfortable stay in a great room with marvelous onsuite. Veronica was a wealth of information on the local area and was a perfect hostess.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Veronica M, Owner at Minnock's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Helen thank you. For your kind comments. I hope I will have the pleasure of meeting with you again if you are in the area. The kettle is always boiling veronica
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Good afternoon weary travellers and welcome to your oasis for the night...should you find yourself for some inexplicable reason in BIRR, Co Offaly. However, I digress...I'm not here to review the county...more the the County's Top B+B - Minnock's. After I had a quick jam with my good friend Mundy in the local, Minnock's beckoned and I couldn't wait to get me head down onto a comfy pillow...and that, I assure you was what was waiting for me. Granted I had to rouse the lady of the house from her slumber, but to my joy, she not only didn't complain, but sat up with me for a 'nightcap'! What a woman. After she escorted me to my room (which by the way had a fine en-suite and a lovely view over a neatly pruned hedge) I had a great sleep and was only woken (8.40am) the next morning by her cockerel...good sign that...the breakfast had plenty of free range eggs...made to order by herself and freshly baked brown-bread from the night before. I knew the sausages weren't my usual, Superquinn... they were better...'from the local butcher' said she. 'Sound' said I, as I gobbled down yet another free range egg proffered with a wonderful generousity of spirit. I asked Mrs. Minnock if she sold the eggs also...unfortunately, her prize hen was out of sorts and wasn't 'layin' as much for the last few days. As I gathered my gear and guitar, paid for my lodgings, and reviewed my stay...a great welcome, patience of a saint, a nightcap, a wonderful night's sleep, a sumptuous full Irish along with...4 free range eggs! yes...4! She put a lump of warm tinfoil into my hands. 'That's for later on, to make up for the eggs', says she. What was it only 4 piping hot homemade scones. She's some woman, Mrs. M and some B+B...can't wait for the return gig.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Patrick,
Apologies for my tardy response to your glowing submission. As always it was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Next time we will have to arrange for you to play some music here! Do let us know when you are back in the area, the kettle is always on the boil. Regards to your lovely wife and son,
Veronica
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birr
County Arms Hotel & Leisure Club
#2 of 3 in Birr
Great National Abbey Court Hotel & Spa
Aonach Bed & Breakfast
Emmet House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Minnock's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!