“Great food”
Review of Sizzler Tandoori - CLOSED

Sizzler Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Phone No 00 353 (0)57 9125484 . They have no website. This restaurant is in my home town and it deserves recognition. We love it.
Kells, Ireland
“Great food”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Very satisfied with our food, the service and portions. No complaints whatsoever. The staff were courteous and friendly and we can't complain on wait times. The restaurant was fairly busy.

• Visited August 2014

Dublin, Ireland
“The only positive was their new floor”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I returned here again recently and unfortunately it was no better apart from a slight improvement in the surroundings.We ordered dishes from the early bird menu where both starters were brought out on the one plate! these were accompanied by the main courses and we seemed to be expected to eat the main course from our starter plates also.
samosas and onion bhajis were very oily and tasteless. Chicken Tikka overcooked and too tough to eat. A very lame excuse for their Vegetable rice and their veg biryani,which consisted of oily tasteless rice and overcooked frozen veg.Portion sizes very small also so definitely don't arrive too hungry! Food was just not one bit enjoyable.The customers opinion definitely doesn't matter in this place! Overall, definitely will NOT be returning here again.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank jojok09
Birr, Ireland
“Slop”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Went here to get a take away dinner so me and my partner could have a nice night in for valentines day what a mistake that was. I ordered the food at 8 o clock and was told it would take a half hour which I thought fair enough I had a bit to do in the shops wine etc. so I went and did that and went back for the food around 8.35. I was then looked at as if I was never there before they couldn't find my order in there book which was paid for already. When they found it I was told another 10mins so I waited another 10mins upon which I was then told another 15mins. I finally got my food at 9.15 which was 1hour and 15mins after ordering no apologies or nothing just threw the bag of food. We got home only to discover a korma that was 4 small pieces of chicken in a tin full of slop it was the most disgusting food I ever ate they should be ashamed of themselves. I paid 30euro for that which is disgrace I will never eat from there again pure muck it was.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank patrickbuckley78
Portumna, Ireland
“Excellent food”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Sizzler Tandoori is my local Indian restaurant and I've tried the majority of dishes on the menu, and I've never been disappointed. I just wish there was more good restaurants like this in Birr.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank Franc C
Dublin, Ireland
“Poor”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Maybe an off day but food was completely lacking in flavor, poor quality ingredients, small portion sizes at an unreasonable price when compared to other Indian restaurants.However service was friendly but overall improvement needed.

• Visited August 2013