Just spent three nights in the County Arms Hotel in Birr. Excellent and friendly service - everyone was nice from reception to gym staff to the gardener (they grow their own vegetables and flowers and have a fabulous old-fashioned greenhouse for their tomatoes). The food was of excellent quality and really good prices - 12 euro for a main course for dinner in the bar. Birr is a beautiful 18th century town with lots to do - horse riding, biking, walking, coffee shops, the castle and telescope - and is perfect for a short break. I was very happy with my stay in the County Arms. I work in international sales and travel to Europe every week, staying in brand name 4 /5 star hotels. This was essentially a four star + boutique experience for very reasonable rates. And only 90 minutes from Dublin!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Ireland's finest family-run Hotels since 1962. Unwind at the Springs Leisure Club & Wellness suites with luxurious spa treatments. Stay in spacious bedrooms including family rooms with bunk beds. Meet in modern conference facilities, enhanced by our central location within 90 minutes of Dublin, Galway & Limerick. Enjoy our award-winning Restaurant, pretty gardens, lively bar and relaxing foyer. Special offers include Murder Mystery, Walking, Golf, Spa. 6 bedrooms adapted for wheelchair users. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your County Arms Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Arms Hotel And Leisure Club
- County Arms Hotel Leisure