“Very nice little place”

Chapel Steps
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I've been there on my own at lunch time during the week and was very pleased. I had the fresh fish and chips it was very lovely

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Found the restaurant late on a Saturday evening after picking up family and friends from Cork airport. Staff were friendly and plied us with some excellent wines while we waited for a table for them to squeeze us into. The food was fantastic, the hake, the steak and the sublime orange and almond sweet. We had no option other than to return for Saturday lunch yesterday, on the return to drop off at the airport. I wish I lived closer!

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Had the early bird. Started with Artichoke and mozzarella tartlet and Salt cod fish cakes. Mains - Medallions of beef with celeriac puree and samphire and Supreme of chicken with risotto. Skilled preparation, great ingredients, friendly, professional service. Will come again.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Ate here in May and have to say it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Everything from the food and wine to the service and welcome at the door could not be faulted. I had heard that this place was known for its amazing beef dishes and I wasn't disappointed with the oxtail ravioli and Beef Ossco Buco. The sticky toffee pudding was the best I had ever tasted. Would highly recommend!

1  Thank Dugg100
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I recently attended a butchery course in this restaurant hosted by Head Chef Kevin O'Regan and butcher Eoin O'Mahony. The atmosphere was very relaxed, like being in someone's home. Over a long day we were introduced to the hind quarters and fore quarters of West Cork Angus. Both chef and butcher were very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and keen to share their expertise with the course attendees. We grazed on surprise nibbles all day long and enjoyed a fabulous Rendang Curry of Angus Shoulder for lunch, demonstrating how to cook one of the tougher cuts. Dinner was a lesson in the art of allowing Angus Striploin to just shine with little seasoning, just perfectly hung, butchered and cooked. I browsed the restaurants regular menus and they looked very interesting and were keenly priced. The emphasis here is on sourcing locally and cooking simply. I travelled 450km return to attend this course and would happily do it again at a moments notice.

1  Thank Gilmartinsonthemove