“Fantastic”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

After recommendation from friends decided to givd it a go and was not disappointed , we had the spring set menu and would have eaten anything off it but em we decided on a crab starter and a venison salad which were both so tasty and well presented ! For mains we had a steak which was so juicy and tender and hake which again couldn't fault !!! For dessert I had chese plate and my partner had sticky toffe both amazing !! Even though the portions weren't huge they didn't need to be cause we left full and very happy !! An already excited for out next visit , complaints to the chef and friendly staff , job well done

Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Oh dear...”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The Chapel Steps was recommended to me as a good place to have Sunday lunch, but I wish I'd never lstened to them!

I ordered duck for my starter whereas my partner ordered a fishcake. Her fishcake was nice but was served on what was, essentially, a roof tile! It came with added pretentiousness. My duck was so small I could barely see it! The enormous dish it was served in was hotter than the sun and yet the duck was stone cold. If I wasn't so stunned, I would have sent the duck back to the 'chef' - not a good start!

After a 25 minute wait, the main courses arrived. I ordered turkey and ham which was bland, luke warm and extremely disappointing. My partner ordered a burger and chips, expecting something special. What she received was akin to a burger from the frozen section of a supermarket and a handful of chips served in a miniature bucket.

All in all, then, a very disappointing experience and one I would never repeat, especially after I spent a not unsubstantial €42.

Avoid this place like the plague!

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Andy G
Cork
“A Real Gem in Bandon”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Lovely spot, good food, service nice atmosphere and a menu that wont break the bank..... I love this spot...

• Visited December 2013
Waterford, Ireland
“Don't eat anywhere else in Bandon!!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic meal! I ate here recently with my boyfriend and from start to finish had a wonderful time! I was a bit under the weather at the time so I'm sure I missed some flavours in my fish cake starter, I shared some with my boyfriend and he said it was zesty and gorgeous. Even under the weather I liked it! He ate the terrine which looked fab! Next up I had the Steak :) I would highly recommend ordering their steaks, cooked to PERFECTION! I am not a well done kind of meat eater and as someone who works in the industry I know how infuriating it can be when you do order it rare to medium and it doesn't come out right. But no complaints here! Absolutely gorgeous, juicy, tender, good size and wonderful sides to accompany. In my opinion very much worth the moola! And now I hear they have a steak night.....How amazing! I will definitely go back. We had a wonderful waitress and were checked on, at all the right times, never felt like we were being intruded on. And the wine!! I love wine, love love love, and we started with a gorgeous glass of prosecco, complimentary from CS, which was a fab treat! 2 glasses of white and a bottle of red, aswell as a desert and a tea and Irish coffee!! We really did go all out here..mainly because of the welcoming atmosphere, wonderful service, the duo singing in the corner who were just perfect! All of this makes you enjoy a great evening so we didnt mind spending a little more, but honestly the bill was no where overpriced. It was bang for our buck! Loved it here! Will definitely return! Thanks to all at Chapel Steps, you all really know what you are doing !

Visited January 2014
Cork Ireland
“Excellent restaurant!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Was here for lunch last Saturday and loved it!! I have been here many times before and every time I come back I enjoy it even more! I had the steak sandwich which was great value and tasted amazing and couldn't resist the chocolate cake for dessert which is also amazing especially if you are a lover of chocolate like myself! The service was excellent, which it always is here! Myself and my friend were so confused as one waitress took our order and when she came back with our food she had glasses on but it turns out that two of the waitresses here are twins!! This is a great novelty and when we asked them to stand next to one another to see how alike they were they gladly did it. That is what I love about the Chapel Steps it is so welcoming and the staff go out of their way to make your dining experience as good as it can be! I would recommend the Chapel Steps to anyone who is in Bandon or to anyone who loves good food and a nice atmosphere! Well done to all the staff in this lovely restaurant and I wish ye every success for the future.

Visited January 2014