“Wouldn't rate the dessert though...”
Review of Chapel Steps - CLOSED

Chapel Steps
Cuisines: Irish, European, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Lyon, France
“Wouldn't rate the dessert though...”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I had a child free midweek lunch at the Chapel Steps today and what a pleasant surprise in terms of the food...up there with the best beer battered fish and chips we have eaten! I had the roast cod and it was fantastic...pity I the asparagus was replaced with green beans without telling me (small detail). Service was very slow however but we were not in a hurry anywhere and just enjoyed the child free time together! Well worth the visit and we'll be back...

Birr
“Great restaurant, especially for children”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We tried this restaurant on the way back from a weeks holiday in West Cork. It was excellent from start to finish. The service was very good with a very friendly waitress. The childrens menu was superb with choices of fresh fish, spaghetti with three different sauces etc. All of them were freshly cooked and it is so good to see a restaurant moving away from nuggets and sausages. Our food was really good too with my wife's roast cod exceptional. My fish was served with a pea puree and homemade tartare sauce - lovely. The bill was very reasonable and we all said it was the best meal we had had during our weeks holiday. The kids even got a bag of jellies on the way out - a brilliant touch. Full credit to all the staff here. We would love to go back every month.

• Visited August 2013
“Food good,service was poor”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The food was good but had to wai 20 mins after our starter for the second course.this was the only thing that we both felt was lacking.

Padstow, United Kingdom
“Got to try the steak night!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Ate here on Wednesday night with my g/f. Have to say I was totally surprised by the quality and fantastic service. I had the steak my g/f the burger. My steak was well presented on a board accompanied with mash potato,green beans and asparagus! The steak was cooked to perfection with garlic butter and peppered sauce. My g/f also loved her burger. I have to apologise again to my waiter who I thought was from my home town Dublin :-) he was very good and noligible about the food! He gave me a good recommedtion on the panacota which was to die for! All in all this was a great experience and we will be revisiting very soon. Thanks sherry!

• Visited July 2013
Cork, Ireland
“Five Star all the way!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Called to the Chapel Steps last night for "Steak Night", which is a weekly occurance on a Wednesday night. It was plain to see this is a popular event by the amount of diners in the restaurant when we arrived. What a clever idea for a Wednesday night. I chose the Mussel & Hake Chowder to start, which was a tomoato based chowder with plenty of the aforementioned fish in it. It was a nice consistency and had a good balance of flavour. I had the "Steak Night" special for main, which was sirloin served on a bed of onion jam with samphire tempura (which I adored, the tempura added a lovely new dimension to the samphire) and smoked artichoke puree, acommpanied by homemade fries. This was an exceptional steak dish, my steak was cooked to perfection (med/rare) and lovely and tender to my knife. Both my courses were excellent but desserts is definitely a speciality in The Chapel Steps. I had the artic roll. It was devine. I can't describe it, go try it! It was served with a fruit salad and a gin granitta. The service and food is excellent here, everything is very reasonably and fairly priced from a good sized menu, but the presentation of the food, especially the desserts is what really stood out here. Well done to all involved, great to see a new eatery in West Cork for people to enjoy. Looking forward to many more happy meals here.

• Visited July 2013