“1 word amazing”

Chapel Steps
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I rarely get out for a meal.we.heard so much about the chapel steps we decided to give it a try.The staff were so welcoming and we were seated instantly.the service was fantastic friendly and very efficient..the food was amazing and so reasonable we will defiantly be returning again..

There are newer reviews for Chapel Steps

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Hi, thanks to all the Chapel Steps restaurant for a fantastic night last night. The food was absolutely delicious, a very talented chef. The service was excellent, we were treated like VIPs when the staff heard that it was my husband's birthday and we got a complimentary glass of prosecco along with a personalised happy birthday dessert plate. I certainly felt like we were important to the staff and that is a rare thing to find. The Chapel Steps has the whole package to make a great night out, thank you and we will be back!
Marcus & Mary

1  Thank TP0
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were a party of five and even though the food was delicious, the service was poor and let our dining experience down. After getting the menus, we were left sitting 15 minutes before having our orders taken. After the main, it was 20 minutes before the plates were cleared. Again after dessert we were just ignored and we asked for the bill 3 times before it was brought to the table. There were at least 4 if not 5 waiting staff so I don't understand what the issue was. Surely it could be better organised? The 3 stars are for the food. Excellent quality, flavours and value for money.

1  Thank Donna O
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Have eaten here on a couple of occasions, the place is always busy but there's never any compromise with the food or service. Had Sunday lunch there today, 4 courses for just €25, we were delighted, eating out can often be expensive and so this was a pleasant surprise. I always have the soup to start (as it is rarely the same but always delicious), followed by the steak which was cooked to perfection and served with loads of their amazing chips and special steak sauce which is out of this world! We were stuffed after the two courses but how could I turn down their delicious sticky toffee pudding (which I must admit I always get) and a cup of tea. Needless to say today didn't disappoint and whenever we leave we're always full to the brim. The staff are friendly, efficient and nothing is ever too much to ask. What I love is that they check on you during your meal but don't badger you like staff in other restaurants I have been too. They go above and beyond and are a credit to the place. There is sometimes a bit of a wait for food on the busier days but with the right company who would even notice! I would recommend the Chapel Steps to anyone, even my friends with kids as they are given colouring to do during the meal and a little bag of jellies when leaving (which I must admit I am always jealous of).

1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Visited this restaurant at lunch time today and just had to get this written down asap. Ordered a burger and was told it would take 15/20 mins. No problem with this. It did take around this amount of time and when it arrived it looked good. That is when the trouble started. The burger was raw in the middle . a mountain of staff on duty, i could make out about 5 but not one of them appeared at table to check during meal. When the plates was being cleared i mentioned this to waitress who apoligised in the "way she had been trained to" with no personality. I should mention that at no time did I see a manager during lunch service. I did see however a chef appear in the bar area many times checking a laptop, perhaps he was checking bookings but he must think the phone never stops ringing there because he checked it so many times!! Then ordered two latte which took around 15mins to arrive at the table and i noticed that there was coffee granulate floating around the bottom of the glass mixing nicely with milk. Just wanted to get outa there asap so went up to counter to pay and received the bill which had everything on it we had with no mention of anything being taken off as a means of apology. A gesture as simple of not charging for the latte would have sufficed. Not the end folks. After leaving the restaurant and collecting my car i drove out past the restaurant when i noticed the same chef walking up the street fully clad in his chef whites. Fair enough if he was finished but the question would remain to ask is how did he arrive into work? It is against Food Safety Standards for Chefs to arrive into their place of work in the clothes they are going to work in as any germs they pick up on the street will be carried into the kitchen. All in all a terrible experience and will not be returning there.

2  Thank ObiWanKenobi11