“Best B&B Ever!!!”
Review of The Tides B&B

The Tides B&B
Ranked #2 of 21 Ballybunion B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Absolutely spotless accommodations, amazing breakfast and extremely friendly and helpful proprietor, David.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed November 21, 2010

On arriving we received a very warm welcome from David, who immediately made us feel at home and that nothing would be too much trouble.
We were taken to our rooms, which could only be described as outstanding. The entire house was immaculately clean, absolutely spotless and this was very noticeable.
Breakfast was also lovely.
David couldn't have done more for us and I would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.
Thank you for a great stay, we really enjoyed our weekend.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Upon arriving we met a wonderful Host who welcomed us with open arms. We arrived earlier then expected, but that did not matter he showed us to our rooms and offered us anything we needed. The accomadations we more then we expected. Very clean and welcoming. I would recommend these accomadations to anyone. Thank you David & Doreen Walsh we really enjoyed staying with you.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I arrived in Ballybunion on that day, I am an oversea member at Ballybunion Country Club. I usally stay at Cliff House but CH was closed for the winter. On my way out of town, I noticed Tide Guest House with Flags waving I decided to stop. I was welcome by David, the owner who made me feel very comfortable, he offered me with a beautiful suite. I also met his wife who recommned me to go to Ballybunion CC for dinner. The room is very comfortable, clean and beatifully decor with a nice of Ballybunion. For breakfast, I asked Dave for Oatmeal instead of Traditional Irish breakfast, he cooked that for me and come with plenty of fresh fruits. I felt like I'm in my own home, listened to Dave telling the story about Ireland. I did not feel any sense of urgency to have to check out. They are very freindly, reliable. I also asked Dave to find a good caddy for me, he did so. I'll definitely go back to Ballybunion and stay at Tides Guesthouse again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2010

David planned our trip to Ireland from Dublin to Killarney on very short notice and everything worked out perfectly. He had been recommended by friends who had the same experience. His attention to detail and ensuring that his clients have a wonderful experience is his first and only concern . We stayed at 5 different places in our 11 days , including the Tides Guesthouse , and all were wonderful and as David described . there were no surprises . He went to every end to see that our experience was wonderful , including taking us out on Ballybunion himself . I could not recommend a trip planner/ advisor and host more highly . Thank you David for everything !

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I stayed here one night in October. I booked directly thru the owner. I had read some wonderful things on here and was expecting a lot. Apparently I had a not-common bad experience.When we arrived, we were one of only two rooms booked on the property, yet the owner was not aware of how long we were staying. As well, he failed to respond to my emails regarding finding dinner reservations after a long drive and an evening arrival. The owner had booked my spouse to play a 4-5 hour round of golf at 9am the date of departure but never bothered to mention that they have a 10:30 am checkout time!! I was forced to check out and sit in the lobby of the local golf club because I was not even afforded a late check out since the family had "vacation plans". This seemed surprising as he was not sure upon check in if we were staying one or two nights? Obviously a last minute decision due to our brief stay. A shame as we probably would have enjoyed it more.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason K
Reviewed October 20, 2010

It was around 8 PM and we were tired when my friend and I decided to stop for the night in Ballybunion. We had been recommended to The Cliff Hotel, but after looking at a room there, we decided to keep looking. We rang the door at The Tides and were welcomed by David, the most gracious host we me our entire trip. He gave us a tour and showed us a couple rooms. The rooms are very big, modern and well decorated. The beds are comfortable, the towels are thick. The hotel is about a 2 minute drive from town and 5 minutes to the golf course. I use Trip Advisor often in my travels, but have never felt compelled to write a review yet. This property, and especially the professional, warm attitude of the proprietor David was a great, lucky experience that I needed to share.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballybunion
Cliff House Hotel
Teach de Broc
Teach de Broc
#3 of 21 in Ballybunion
Kilcooly's Country House Hotel

Been to The Tides B&B? Share your experiences!