The Tides B&B
$113
Hotels.com
$118
  • Breakfast included
Ballyroe Heights Hotel(Tralee)(Great Value!)
$100
$97
Travelocity
All reviewsdavid walshb bpancakeslistowel racesplace to stayan excellent hostemerald islerooms were spotlessour entire tripstayed longerperfect hostsa lovely stayminute drivedelicious breakfastirish breakfasthome from homeliving room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We felt the best part of our trip to Ireland was the wonderful friendly people. David and Doreen were very helpful in getting us on Ballybunion when it was booked up. The rooms were first class and we loved our stay there. I would recommend the place to anyone going to Ireland

Room Tip: The upgrade to a suite is worth it
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ed A
Ballybunion G, Owner at The Tides B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Hello Ed form South Carolina,

I thank you both so much for such a glowing review that the title says so much in simple words.
“Wonderful Ireland Experience” To post same on TripAdvisor means so much to the Tides Guesthouse.

It is hard to top that Title Ed but getting you folks on to play the Old Course at Ballybunion is what we do here at the Tides Guesthouse. Many a time golfers are found wanting but as I am local here I get to keep an eye out for you folks and it is a great pleasure when after traveling 6,000 miles to get to Ireland you get a call or e-mail to advise your favorite course you wanted to play in now confirmed for you. All part of the service at the Tides Guesthouse.

I am glad you recommend the Master Suites at the Tides they are the very best indeed.

Thanks a million Ed

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our good fortune that all Listowel rooms were booked during our visit to County Kerry causing us to "settle" for The Tides Guesthouse in Ballybunion. We spent three wonderful nights in the mini suite that was the highlight of our southwest Ireland visit. David and Doreen made us feel perfectly at home. David personally escorted and coached my attempt to navigate the Ballybunion Old Course. The breakfast was superb, as was the view from the dinning room.

Mike & Nanette

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room, however the Mini Suite was exceptional.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 54Mike
Ballybunion G, Owner at The Tides B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Hello 54Mike from Oregon,

I love the Title " True Celtic Home" what a way to start a review here on TripAdvisor for the Tides Guesthouse in Ballybunion.
Listowel is a great place and sadly not enough rooms so it was our delighted to get your reservation here at the Tides. Having the good since to book our Master Suites and more so for the Three nights Doreen was very pl;eased to here it was the best in the South West of Ireland....

The wonderful people I meet in the quest for golfing at Ballybunion Old Course is my pleasure indeed and I can only hope to see you all on the return trip of the links of Ireland and Ballybunion.

Thanks a million Mike

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Beautiful, clean B & B in a very good location to Ballybunion Golf Course. The breakfasts were superb our stay was very enjoyable. David and Doreen were wonderful hosts and we will definitely return to Tides Guesthouse on our next visit to Ballybunion.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bruce G

Hello Bruce from Virginia,

Our sincere thanks for posting such a review here on TripAdvisor and with 12,000 Visitors coming to Ballybunion to play the Old Course this means a lot to both Doreen and Myself at the Tides Guesthouse.

The greatest and best part of your review is that your coming back and repeat clients tell the world that we are doing a good job in looking after your folks.

Thanks again Bruce

Reviewed June 6, 2013

When you are in Ballybunion for a round of golf, you should stay at the Tides Guest House. Nice and clean room and a big Irish breakfast. David and Doreen are very friendly and helpfull.
It is a little out of town, but then again, the town really is little.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Hello Fjbter form the Rotterdam,

Thank you kindly for the wonderful review and posting same on TripAdvisor. This means a great deal to us at the Tides Guesthouse. I think this is our first ever review ( I May be wrong) from the Netherlands !!!! Thanks a million.

I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay at Ballybunion and the Tides Guesthouse.
Ballybunion is a lovely sea Side town and with more visitors coming to visit us each year maybe we wont be so little in years to come.

Thanks a million to you both

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband, adult son and I stayed here in August 2012 while on a 10 day visit to the Emerald Isle. We've traveled all over Ireland during 6-7 trips there over 20 years or so and this property was the best we've ever stayed at. The location was great for our stop in Ballbunion. The guest rooms and common areas were immaculate and everything was modern and up to date. David and Doreen could not have been better hosts. David took care of all our golf needs and Doreen handled everything else magnificently. I highly recommend you stay with them, whether traveling for business or pleasure, alone or with a group. We can't wait to return and visit them again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Hello Klilley from Connecticut,

It give us great pleasure to see such a glowing review posted here on TripAdvisor and we are so thankful to you all for doing so.

Having the Tides listed in the best of all your trips to Ireland over 20 years has got to tell all the folks coming over how we look after our guests.
Time and again I have been asked to look after the golfing reservations throughout Ireland and it is our pleasure to do this for our guests. Makes for good travels when the golf and the tee times are set up to allow breakfast from where your staying.

Your review is a glowing one and our sincere thanks for posting same. But the part I like the most is the part that says your returning to see us again.