“The Best”

and 1 more site!
The 19th Lodge
Ranked #1 of 21 Ballybunion B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 22, 2009

James and Mary Beasley own a jewel right next to the Clubhouse at Ballybunion! While technically a B&B--only breakfast is served--this is really an elegant little hotel. The rooms--all named for famous golf courses (Pebble Beach for one) or golfers (a favorite guest like Tom Watson) --ar roomy, and very well appointed. James and Mary are very helpful and a pleasure to be around. The wifi internet connections are excellent and there is even an accessable computer and printer available for us by guests.

While situated perfectly for golfers, non-golfers would love the facility as well.

• Stayed: June 2009

Reviewed June 21, 2009

If your planning to visit the seaside town of Ballybunion or tackle one of the two Ballybunion links courses, this is the place to stay. The proprietors, Mary and James, are two wonderful people that make you feel like you are part of the family visiting their home. The rooms and common areas are extremely clean and comfortable. And, the breakfast was outstanding. We will stay there again on our next golf vacation. Thank you, Mary and James.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2009

This Lodge excedes all expectations. From check in to check out, Mary and James served our every wish with a smile and expediently. They were more than helpful and the restaurant reservations they made for us were great. The rooms were bright, cheery and CLEAN. The lounge provided a great venue for our group to relax and to recount our day's golf after dinner. After a wonderful sleep on a most comfortable bed, we had a great breakfast which was served quickly as we were on a tight schedule.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed June 12, 2009

After a long day working at the Irish Seniors it was so good to come "home" to a warm welcome from Mark and James or one of their lovely children. Nothing was was any trouble - it was simply the most delightful place, scrummy breakfasts and a great shower! I do hope to go back and visit very soon.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2009

There is no other guesthouse in the country to rival the 19th Lodge in Ballybunion. It was recommended to me by a friend who had stayed there previously and he was singing its praises for the rest of the summer!
Immediately upon arrival I was greeted warmly by James & Mary Beasley who welcomed me into their luxurious home. The foyer is like that of a 5 star hotel. Very plush but with a warm, homely feel to it. 19th Lodge has successfully fused all the desirable qualities of a hotel with a guesthouse. The rooms were incredibly spacious, comfortable and clean. I had the most wonderful sunset views from my room window in the evening. The showers of the en-suite have to be experienced to be believed!!! I felt as if I had been transported to a spa! I must have stayed in that power shower for an hour!
How fortuitous I felt to be just a stones throw away from the Golf Course and many other local amenities which James kindly directed me to.
And as for the breakfast - I must admit I am very particular about my food - but Mary was most obliging and went out of her way to suit my fussy self, clearly taking great pride in the sumptuous breakfasts prepared for each guest. I have never written a comment before on a guesthouse but I felt compelled to share this hidden gem with the rest of the world - 19th Lodge really was the highlight of my trip and I plan to return there again very soon :)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Mary and Jame could not have been more hospitable. I would recomment the 19th Lodge to anyone. The location near Ballybunion is an added plus. The shower was great and rivaled the ones at Pine Valley Golf Club.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I can not say enough nice things about The 19th Lodge, Mary or James. The accommodations were first class, the hospitality was second to none, the water pressure in the showers may be the best in Europe, and don't miss Mary's french toast. Whether you’re in Ballybunion for golf or just in the area on your travels this is unquestionably the place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballybunion
Cliff House Hotel
Oranhill Lodge
Oranhill Lodge
#1 of 9 in Oranmore
Kilcooly's Country House Hotel

Been to The 19th Lodge? Share your experiences!