“Excellent Choice.....Lovely Hosts”

and 1 more site!
The 19th Lodge
Ranked #1 of 21 Ballybunion B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Reflecting on our overnight stay i couldn't find anything remotely negative to say about our stay here. We had cycled just over 70 miles when we arrived at the 19th Lodge and were welcomed with a warmth from Mary and her team that was very much appreciated. Safe accommodation for our bikes was provided and the rooms were the little bit of luxury that our tired bodies needed....the showers were fantastic. Breakfast next morning was excellent and overall I would give the 19th Lodge five stars for golfers and non golfers alike. I'm certain I will return.

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for The 19th Lodge

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We had such a great time at the 19th lodge. It is directly across the road (walking distance) from the main clubhouse at Ballybunion. My boyfriend had a round of golf scheduled and I had a beach ride on horse back scheduled. The lodge owners were so awesome they woke up early to have breakfast out for my boyfriend, drove him to the clubhouse for his tee time and then drove me later on to my horseback ride about 10 minutes down the road. What great hospitality! They were so helpful and welcoming. They even recommended a fantastic seafood restaurant in town with a nice sunset view. Breakfast was great- I had the salmon with eggs. The room was great- had a nice view of the golf course. They even upgraded us at no charge! Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We are so glad we got to stay a night at the 19th Lodge. It's just across the street from Ballybunion golf course. Wonderful accommodations. The owners bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed. While my husband golfed, I walked the beach.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is a great place to stay and the hosts Mary and Jim are second to none! They make you feel like family and you are treated extremely well. The rooms are spacious and well appointed and the location is excellent for a trip to the links of Ballynunnion! I would recommend this to anyone, anytime! Everything about the 19th Hole Lodge leads to a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have stayed at The 19th Lodge 3 times over the past 10 years while visiting family in the Ballybunion area. The rooms are spacious, clean, and cozy with beautiful refinished bathrooms. The breakfast is fabulous and cooked to your liking. Mary and Jim form the perfect team in offering the highest level of hospitality to all their guests and welcome you as if you were their own family. The golfers in my family take full advantage of its prime location to the Ballybunion Golf Club which is in walking distance. I highly recommend The 19th Lodge for all those traveling to the Ballybunion area. Love from the Culhane family Mary and Jim!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were a bunch of boys on a golfing trip from Meath, Sligo and Wicklow on the first week in October, could not have picked a better location for the course.
This is more akin to a high end hotel, very spacious, spotlessly clean and a wide selection of breakfasts cooked to order.
Very helpful with taxis and advice. James and Mary were good craic and could teach plenty about how to deliver genuine top notch hospitality.
We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We thought this was a hotel but it is a B and B albeit a very good one - I think I was confused by the description 'boutique' on the website. We stayed in a ground floor suite which as you'd expect was very spacious with traditional furnishings, a large bathroom and a shower to die for! Our only gripe relating to the property and it's relatively minor is the tv could be more up to date. Breakfasts are lovely and made to order.
The following comment is not a criticism of the lodge - we stayed in October and I chose this property because I wrongly thought it was a hotel as I guessed that it would be difficult to get lunch / dinner in Ballybunion as October isn't high season. However we didn't starve but had to travel to Listowel for dinner. If you are a golfer it is a perfect location - we are not and for us it was a little too far out of town. There is no obvious bar and I'm not sure if the property has a licence. James and Mary are great hosts however and if we'd asked I'm sure they would have served alcohol to us.

Room Tip: All suites appear to be on the ground floor - you'll need to draw the curtains to preserve your...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wilma2309
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballybunion
Cliff House Hotel
Kilcooly's Country House Hotel
Cashen Course House
Cashen Course House
#5 of 21 in Ballybunion

Been to The 19th Lodge? Share your experiences!