“Fantastic Food, Excellent Service & Great Value For Money!”
Review of The Mixing Bowl - CLOSED

The Mixing Bowl
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, Cafe
Dingle, Ireland
“Fantastic Food, Excellent Service & Great Value For Money!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Went on a spontaneous trip to Ballybunion today and popped into The Mixing Bowl for lunch.

The food was delicious, banoffi bun was yummy, tea was made exactly how I like it, staff were very attentive and friendly, and Áine the owner was lovely.

There is a lovely ambiance in the café, and I loved the décor. Great buzz as it was quite busy, with a constant flow of customers while I was there.

Will definitely go back again! :)

Mary

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Marys_Travel-Trips

Antrim, United Kingdom
“Friendly Staff with Superb Home Made Food”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

On our tour of Ireland, we visited Ballybunion to play one of the worlds great golf courses and after we went into town for refreshments and were amazed at how welcoming this café made us feel and the excellent quality of their home made cakes and pastries. The price was very reasonable but for the quality we received, proved excellent. It certainly made us feel good moving on to our next destination in Tralee.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank kieran m
Ireland
“Overpriced and tiny portions.”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

When we found this café I thought 'Great'! Just what Ballybunion needs a decent café!
We were disappointed - what we got was tasty but it was so small that one could not consider it value for money.
€4.50 for a kids toasted ham and cheese sandwich and €2,50 for a glass of milk!
For very little we paid €27,00. As appealing as the desserts looked we declined purely on the bad value for money this coffee shop represents.
I do realise that folk in Ballybunion have a short season to make their money - hey don't kill the goose that laid the golden egg!!!!
I felt that the girl that served us must have been her first day on the job.
OH! Get rid of the table cloths they just keep sliding off the tables and wrinkling up esp if you have kids at the table!

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank IE123456
fawn83, Owner at The Mixing Bowl, responded to this review, March 11, 2015
Dear Irishcruise fanatic,

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you found our cafe such bad value for money. We are quite price sensitive and all of our offerings are in line with industry, however our quality is Top notch and unlike most, we only use Real Butter and Free Range Eggs, nothing is bought in, Everything is made fresh onsite and there are no additives or preservatives used in any of our food. I'm unsure as to how you were charged €2.50 for a glass of milk, this is clearly priced on our menu at €1.50 and also programmed on our till as same. Perhaps whoever looked after you hit a wrong button on the til by mistake, this can unfortunately happen and if you would like to get in touch with me personally, I would be delighted to refund the difference. My mobile number is 0863809266! My email is themixingbowlbb@yahoo.com - I would be delighted to refund the difference

From this review it was written in June, however, the original tablecloths that you refer to were replaced in February 2014, so I'm a little surprised by this comment!
As for staff, perhaps the girl that was looking after you was on her first day, our business is not yet 2 years old and just over a year when you reviewed the premises. Thankfully we now have a great team, but a year in we were not as lucky to have a full compliment of staff since day 1! I'm sure if you have been in the work force, you also had a first day and even with all the training in the world, people can be nervous and not as confident as seasoned staff!! I assure you we now have a wonderful team in the mixing bowl and would be delighted to look after you again should you wish to revist us.

I am delighted to hear that you found our food to be tasty and hope that you will visit us again in the near future!
Kind regards
Aine and all the MB Team.
London, United Kingdom
“Superb coffee and cake”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Wow......beautiful cakes made on site by Aine and the team, washed down with a great cup of coffee. The Mixing Bowl represents great value for money and I would thoroughly recommend it!

Visited April 2014
London
“Great little find. Fabulous cakes”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

The Mixing Bowl is a great little gem nestled in Ballybunion. Aine and the team make you feel so welcome. Fantastic service, great price and amazing cakes! Will definitely be back again :)

Visited April 2014