“Decent but not special”

McCarthy's Sundaes Ballybunion
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Ballybunion
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Generous helpings and pretty good ice cream, but not great. Decent value, but not special. Compared to the experience at Murphy's, Dingle, for example - Murphy's an all-round better experience, service and product.

3  Thank Bruce B
There are newer reviews for McCarthy's Sundaes Ballybunion

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Craving an ice cream, we unfortunately arrived just after closing time. The lovely owner (Joanna? I'm so sorry , I'm terrible with names) was able to to serve us scoops of delicious ice cream and satisfy our after dinner sweet tooth.

The ice cream is excellent! Drecious selection of flavors and it's really more like gelato than ice cream. We loved the Baileys, Creme de Menthe, strawberry and chocolate.

Thank you for the lovely hospitality and "above and beyond" service!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We had been looking all over Ireland for real home made ice cream without luck. Plenty of soft serve and frozen novelties but no true home made, hand made ice cream until McCarthy's. Excellent flavor and consistency, exceptionally helpful staff and so good, I'd recommend that travelers in Ireland with a hunger for real ice cream, beat a path to McCarthys.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Yet again Joanna and her Sundaes crew made us welcome as we made one of our frequent visits to BallyB. Even my 80 year old Mother & 83 year old Aunt love to try the fabulous flavours and the freshly made, piping hot doughnuts. McCarthys Ice-cream puts the "Sun" in Sundaes and a warm Ballybunion welcome is always to be found here.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

No trip to Ireland is complete without stopping off at Sundaes ice cream parlour, in Ballybunion, to savour their exceptional range of delicious home made ice creams. Not only did we enjoy ice cream, donuts, wonderful coffee and the all new waffle ice cream sandwich, but we also joined the growing craze for Sundaes cult t shirts - I can't wait to get home and send in a photo of me in my "I love Ballybunion" t shirt in the hope that it gets included onto the map of the world up on Sundaes wall. Seriously the best ice cream I've EVER had. This is an ice cream parlour NOT to be missed!