Innisfree B&B
$104
Dromoland Castle Hotel(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
$743
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Agoda.com
All reviewsfirst floordown the roadlast nightbunratty castleshannon airportwould stay againdurty nelliesbreakfast was deliciousmelhomeirelandhost
Reviewed August 9, 2009

A few years ago, we stayed at Innisfree and it was a wonderful stay. We stayed there again both on arrival and departure. Innisfree was as welcoming and comfortable as we remembered. We would tell anyone traveling to Ireland to stay here. We were not disappointed in the past nor were we disappointed this year. Rooms are first level, spacious, ensuite- the bathrooms are large enough to spread out needed toiletries. You sign up for your breakfast the night before and it is served hot and at the time you requested. Mel, the hostess, always offers a warm welcome and great advice on nearby attractions. Again, we would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2009

I just returned from 9 days in Ireland and my friend and I spent our last night at Innisfree before leaving for Shannon. We chose this B&B for its proximity to Shannon (10 minutes) and Bunratty Castle, which is right up the road. This B&B was cheaper than some of the others we stayed in, and it's a real bargain, especially considering the location. Everything was wonderful. The beds and pillows were more comfortable than any of the other B&Bs, and everything was clean and attractive. Breakfast normally starts at 8:00 but because we had to leave rather early for our flight, she offered to serve us pancakes and bacon at 7:30, which was very helpful. The food was tasty and filling. Mel suggested the best time for us to leave so we'd avoid the rush hour traffic. Although we didn't chat with him much, Mel's husband greeted us when we arrived and seemed very pleasant as well.

If I ever get back to Bunratty, I will definitely stay at Innisfree!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Such a lovely home, Great service they even made reservations for us at the Castle. Quiet area, nice parking, friendly service and good breakfast.
My son and I have wonderful memories of Innisfree B&B and the Bunratty area.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed April 5, 2009

Innisfree is a great place to stay, beautiful home, rooms are large and calming. The host is warm and friendly . Innisfree is in a great location, close to Shannon Airport and close to the Blarney Woolen Mill, Dirty Nellys( a great old well know historic pub) and right next to Bunratty Castle as well. We loved the central location and will stay again on our next trip, which will be our 5th.! our only regret is that we did not find Innisfree on our 1st. trip! Enjoy! Mary Jane from New York

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2009

I've been staying with Mel for the last six years before I fly out of Shannon back to the States. She cares so much about her guests and their comfort. The last time I stayed with her, she warmed up my bed as soon as I checked in so I could relax in coziness before I tucked in for the night. Such a sweet lady.
She can help arrange for banquet reservations at the Bunratty castle if you ask. If you want, she'll provide Bailey's for your morning porridge, a favorite of mine. She also helps me calculate the best time for breakfast to give me enough time to get to the airport for my flight. Innisfree is the place to stay in Bunratty.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo