“Cute Little Bed and Breakfast”

Bunratty Heights Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 23 Bunratty B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Bunratty Heights is a charming B&B in Bunratty right down the road from the castle. We arrived to find out there had been a mix-up with reservations and we no longer had an en suite room, but host Patricia Darcy was very kind about it and offered up either a room with no private bathroom or agreed to call another B&B for us. We decided to stay at Bunratty Heights and were happy we did. Her home is gorgeous. Our room was perfect and the bed very comfortable. Patricia suggested that we check out the Medieval Banquet at the castle and even made a call for us to see if there were any last minute spots still open and we're so glad we did -- it was a fabulous experience. Overall, I would recommend Bunratty Heights to anyone who is planning to stay in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 5, 2011

We booked our stay here because we needed a place close to Shannon airport for our flight back to the states the following morning. I wish we would have been able to stay longer. We had a wonderful family room that accommodated my husband, myself and our two boys, a feature that is very hard to find in a B&B. Breakfast was amazing and our hostess was so sweet. I loved Ireland and hope to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This B&B has a great location - a short walk to Bunratty Castle, the Folk Park, and the famous Durty Nellys pub. It is a short drive from Shannon airport - a great place to stay before or after a long flight. The historic town of Limerick is just up the road.
The lovely owner, Patricia, knows everything about the area, cooks a great breakfast, and keeps the place spotless. The big backyard is a great place to relax.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Traveling with an extended family - ages 16 - 87 - isn't easy. Patricia is a lovely, warm hostess, who made it much nicer for all of us. We arrived from the US in the early morning, and our hostess made up Grandma's room extra early - much appreciated.

The B&B is a short drive from Shannon, and there's a lot to do in the Bunratty area. The house has a great location, it's very comfy and the breakfast very good. Internet access was easy

We'd return gladly!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2010

When our reservation at another B & B was canceled after we were already in Ireland, Patricia Darcy worked with the other place, and e-mailed me to say she had a room for us. I had feared we be sleeping by the side of the road. When the bus from Cork dropped us off in the middle nowhere at the bus stop, a business let us call Bunratty Heights. Patricia immediately sent her daughter to pick us and our luggage up. Upon arrivaL, she showed us our smallish, charming room. I liked being able to sit outside of our room on the comfortable chairs for a smoke. While doing this, we watched two beautiful foxes playing in the field across the road. Then Patricia drove us to Durty Nellies, so we could have dinner. Thanks, Patricia. It was so quiet and peaceful there on our last night in Ireland. Breakfast was delicious. My only problem was that I could never get their WIFI to hold onto my netbook-- the way it had at all the other places we stayed. This was a simple, clean place, and Patricia was just wonderful to us. We enjoyed her two dogs hanging around too. I will always remember the wonderful silence there-- only nature's sounds. Low road has no sidewalk and no street lights, so don't risk walking home from Durty Nellie's or the castle....get a cab!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We toured Ireland to 2 weeks with our 80 year old mom, using public transportation and taking day tours. We stayed at Bunratty Heights for 2 nights upon arrival and again before departure. It was a nice quiet place to rest up after the flight and Patricia was so welcoming (along with her two friendly little dogs, Disney and Molly), we felt like we were coming home when we returned two weeks later. For travelers with senior citizens, we highly recommend resting up the first day with perhaps a visit to Durty Nellie's for dinner, and then doing the folk park followed directly by the early seating of the castle dinner on day two.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2010

We drove into Bunratty from Cashel and arrived around 1:30 p.m. We stopped at the Bunratty Castle and found that the Medevil Dinner was taking place that night. I had purchased tickets for a week later, but would have to do some driving to get back there. Patricia didn't hesitate when I mentioned it to her....she called to see if we could use our tickets that night! We were able to....that was so great! She also let me use her personal laptop to email my daughter back in Alaska...made me feel better! The room was lovely with two beds , and were they comfortable! The breakfast the next morning was as good as any I've had...I love the full irish breakfast! I would highly recommend this b and b....on the low road and Patricia will work with you on check in times, etc.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends