All reviewskathleen browneshannon airportbunratty castlemade us feellow roadbed and breakfasteasy accesshouse is beautifulwent out of her waya great staytwo nightsfantastic breakfastminute driveour room was spaciousstayed longerhome away from homehost
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We enjoyed it very much to stay at headley Court. Very friendly and an excellent Breakfast. Kathleen helped me very much with my injured arm to find a doctor, because I had a small accident on the cliffs. Thanks a lot for all.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Tobias O
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My brother and I stayed the last night we were in Ireland. Kathleen was amazing. She was very pleasant, made sure we had breakfast before we left, and got us to the airport in plenty of time. The rooms were very cozy I felt at home. I only stayed one night but wish I had stayed longer.

• Stayed: August 2012
11  Thank Klytle01
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Before returning to school we took the children on a little trip around Co. Clare. As we had stayed in Headley Court in the past we booked ahead to make sure we could stay there for two nights. We travelled with three children. We stayed in the same room as last time which we were delighted with and would have assumed was the biggest room in the house. Well, when Kathleen showed us to the kids' room we were gobsmacked. It was huge with three beds, a sitting area and huge bathroom. In fact, all five of us could have comfortably slept here but it was nice to have our own room. As usual, Kathleen welcomed us with her wonderful home baking and chocolate bars for the kids. Once again, we had a very comfortable bed and slept like babies, followed by a huge, tasty breakfast. The kids thought Kathleen was wonderful making sure they all had their favourite cereals, french toast etc. It is a very convenient spot for touring Clare and Limerick and Kathleen is most helpful with suggestions and advice. Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: Book ahead
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank W8974MEmaryb
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We were so pleased to get accommodation at Headley Court for the third time. it is just a fabulous place to stay with standards consistently high. I cannot stress enough how helpful and friendly Kathleen is while still letting you have your own space. Home made cake on arrival was just lovely once again. Bedrooms (we had three of them) were very spacious and spotless and Headley Court has the biggest bathrooms we have ever encountered in a B&B. Free shampoo was supplied which is not often found in B&Bs and the water pressure is always wonderful, not to mention piping hot. Breakfast, once again was a feast with so much to choose from. On this visit we were served by Kathleen's daughter (Lauren) She is a treasure (a credit to her parents) - such a well-mannered teenager and very eager to help. I could go on as I really admire the effort that has gone into this B&B to make it a wonderful home from home. We will certainly return as I am sure many do.

Room Tip: Kathleen wouldn't have a room that wasn't just perfect
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank bags55
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Headley Court was our last B&B during our visit to Ireland and a great one at that. Kathleen was a lovely host and accommodations were perfect. Location is convenient to the airport and day trips to the Cliffs of Moher, Doolin, and Ennis. Minutes from shopping at Blarney Woolen Mills, Bunratty Castle and some great dining spots at the Creamery and Durty Nellie's. Kathleen's homemade treats were fantastic as well as all her breakfast baked goods. We had an early departure for the airport and Kathleen prepared a fantastic breakfast plate for us to take on our way. Headley Court is on my list as a repeat stay the next time I stay in the Shannon area.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends