All reviewskathleen browneshannon airportbunratty castlemade us feellow roadbed and breakfasteasy accesshouse is beautifula great staywent out of her waytwo nightsfantastic breakfastminute driveour room was spaciousstayed longerhome away from homehost
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I greatly enjoyed my stay with Kathleen and Paul. they were very kind and made us feel right at home. They use to live in florida in Amercia and when thet saved enough money they came home with dreams of opening a B&B! thank god they followed their dreams and their friendly service and hospitality will make them a great succuss!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
7  Thank Andy M
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed with Kathleen at Headley Court for one night. Family and friends of 6.
Beautiful house, lovely breakfast and such a perfect host. Kathleen welcomed us
to her home with such warmth and friendliness (even brought us lovely lemon cakes
when we arrived which tasted fantastic)
Location perfect for attending Bunratty banquet - just a few minutes drive.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank JoeyWexfordIreland
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Headley Court this last week during our week long driving tour of Southern Ireland and it was the BEST B&B we stayed at by far! The host, Kathleen, went above and beyond to make sure our stay was as pleasant as possible. After arriving (early, and we were still able to get into our room quickly!), and taking a nap, we were able to borrow an iron to use for our clothes for the Medieval Banquet at Bunratty Castle (a 5 minute drive from the B&B!). While using the iron, Kathleen gave us some homemade brownies and coffee to munch on as well! When we arrived home late after the banquet, Kathleen had left us some hot water bottles to warm up the bed in our room. The next morning, breakfast was amazing! (Traditional Irish with bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, cereal, tomato, coffee, and fresh juice and preserves.) Knowing we were heading out for a long driving day, she also packed us a couple sandwiches for the road! Cliffs of Moher is a short drive (1-1 1/2 hours max), Bunratty and Durty Nelly's Pub is a quick 5 minute drive, Kathleen is welcoming and amazing, and the home and rooms are beautiful and spacious! I would definately stay here again and will be recommending this to all our family and friends! If you're touring around the area, this is the perfect home base for your travels!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank skh13
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We really enjoyed the warm welcome at Headley Court B&B. The room was spacious and very nice, the breakfast excellent. This really was among the best B&Bs we had during our trip through Ireland.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank wimdob
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My two girlfriends and I stayed at Headley Court on May 20, 2011. Although I'm sure all the rooms are often booked the night before, but still Kathleen was able to accommodate us the morning of our arrival. We had taken the red eye from Boston, so it was perfect for us.

Kathleen went above and beyond what we expected. Once she saw that we were comfortably settled in, she brought a lovely plate of pastries and fruit to us. A very warm welcome indeed!

I've been to many Irish B & Bs before, and have to say this was one of the most perfect stays I've had. By the end of the trip, my girlfriends -- both first timers in Ireland and to the B & B experience were saying that Kathleen had set a high bar with Headley Court.

Our triple had one double bed and two singles. It was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom is large. The shower is nice -- with immediate hot water. The rest of the place is very nicely appointed, too. There's a large sitting room with a HD television, a large comfy sectional, a lovely fireplace (not needed when we were there).

Kathleen gave us lots of great tips about driving and places to go. The website tells it all! There are many helpful features for the first time visitor or returning visitor.

Headley Court is perfectly located at the end of Low Road -- a direct shot to Bunratty Castle, the Folk Park, and . . . best of all . . . Durty Nellie's where you'll find some great good fun. If you're there on the weekend, gather 'round the piano and sing along with Jim, Mike, Dee and the rest of the group belting out modern hits in perfect harmony to Liam's great work on the piano. (One caveat -- don't plan on walking the Low Road. It's not really pedestrian friendly . . .!)

If you can swing it, be sure to do the Medieval Banquet at the castle. It really is a lot of fun.

I give Headley Court my highest recommendation. Good job, Kathleen!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends