“mixed opinion”

JP Clarke's
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Bunratty
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: JP Clarke's is a rustic country pub featuring reclaimed sandstone floors, timber beams with brick and stone walls. The atmosphere in JP Clarke's is relaxed, friendly and informal, while the overall impression is of a pub that is both comfortable and rustic. Bunratty is a great location to meander the day away enjoying fine food and chilled wines and beers, forgetting about the worries and stresses of life.
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had a meal here for the second time and left wondering did I order the wrong item. The place is so welcoming, organised and appearance of perfection. I cannot say great and I cannot say bad.
People around me appear to be enjoying their food, so I will try once more.

1  Thank Rosaleen301
Declan O, Public Relations Manager at JP Clarke's, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Hi Rosaleen, thanks for the review. I appreciate the time you have taken out to leave us some feedback. As you said yourself, your not sure what to make of JP Clarke's so I'm not quite sure what to tell you! All our dishes are cooked to order from the freshest produce available that is delivered to our kitchen 6 days a week. We aim to give our customers both quality food and quality service at affordable prices. Pop into us again sometime soon and you won't be let down.

There are newer reviews for JP Clarke's

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Went to JP's for Sunday lunch.
At the start they gave us lovely sage and onion white bread and brown bread.
My main course was the Marinaded Pork Grill Steak, and this was very good.
Carmel had Braised Lamb Shank. This was not cooked slowly enough but was OK.
The vegetables were the usual.
We each had a glass of Italian White and it was great.
For desser Carmel had the Creme Brulee and Cocoanut flavoured icecream.
This dessert should be served on its own, its need no embesishment!
I had the hot chocolate drink.
We enjoyed our lunch in JP's and would recommend it to anyone.

Hi Noel, thanks for the feedback on your recent visit. I'm glad you and your partner enjoyed the visit so much. All our dishes are cooked to order from fresh produce while our breads are baked fresh each day. Apologies if the lamb shanks was not up to standard. I'll pass this onto the chef. Thanks again for the great review and make sure to pop in again and maybe try something else on our menu.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

The staff at JP Clarkes are very friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed. Have to recommend the steak!

Hi Mike, thanks for the feedback. Short and sweet! Delighted you enjoy visiting us here and our steaks!! Keep coming and we'll keep impressing.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Went there on Tuesday, 1 April. We were seated promptly and ordered from the set menu. The food was delicious, especially the dessert. The problem was the service. There was some sports event on the television and this seemed to slow down the delivery of the food. Over 2 hours to have a 3 course meal. Every time we looked up a different person was 'looking after' us.

There seemed to be lots of locals which is always a good sign in a restaurant. Would visit again but hope that there is no game on!

Hi Debra, thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed the meal. Apologies for the slow service. I can't remember what sport was on that night that would slow down service. Obviously if the restaurant is very busy, service will be slowly. Also, most of our dishes are cooked to order from starters to dessert so our food does take slightly longer to come out from the kitchen than in other places. Once again though, I apologise for the slow service and if you return again, I promise you will have an even better experience.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I went to Clarke's for lunch early this week. It is a good looking pub outside and the interior is very pleasant, modern with character. For starter we ordered soup and ceasar salad, both of which were very good. I ordered vegetable curry and rice for main and the person I was with ordered the beef. They both came out and mine was not curry with rice, but vegetable lasagne and chips. I sent them back and watched the person I was with eat their dinner. My main came back and was so disappointing. A large bowl of peppers, large chunks of pepper. It was like being back in the 80's. It was a lazy vegetable curry. I will not be returning in any great hurry. Also as we were leaving the man at the next table had also been given the wrong food. I expected more.

HI Karen, thanks for the review. I appreciate the time you have taken out to leave us sopme feedback. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your meal with us. I can promise you that this is not how we normally operate. Sometimes a business can have a bad day and that day we clearly did wrong. It is possible for orders to get missed up in the kitchen. A vegetable curry and a vegetable lasagne were clearly mixed up. I understand that this is not acceptable from a customers point of view but sometimes a mistake like this can happen. Once again i am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal and I hope it doesn't affect you from returning one day. Thanks once more for the review.