“Lunch and Dinner Visits”
Review of JP Clarke's

JP Clarke's
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Bunratty
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: JP Clarke's is a rustic country pub featuring reclaimed sandstone floors, timber beams with brick and stone walls. The atmosphere in JP Clarke's is relaxed, friendly and informal, while the overall impression is of a pub that is both comfortable and rustic. Bunratty is a great location to meander the day away enjoying fine food and chilled wines and beers, forgetting about the worries and stresses of life.
Toronto, Canada
“Lunch and Dinner Visits”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stopped in here for a bite after shopping at the Woolen Mill. ( great shop). We wanted to avoid the busloads at the other places and we succeeded. Great lunch I had an open face caprese sandwich which was delicious and my husband had fish and chips that he really enjoyed. The restaurant is very clean and modern inside. Not too busy but popular , steady stream of folks. Nice bar and the staff were good, great value for your money. Went back for dinner a couple of nights later and had the Sunday night special. Their fish chowder is wonderful and the salmon was divine. We were staying at Dromoland Castle so it was a 10 min drive. Woth it, would go back anytime.

• Visited September 2013
Declan O, Public Relations Manager at JP Clarke's, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hi there! Thanks so much for the wonderful review! I'm glad you enjoyed the visit so much. We aim to provide every customer that walks through our doors with quality food and quality service so I'm delighted that you were able to receive this. Our chefs cook only the best possible dishes daily and this is helped by the delivery of fresh produce 6 days a week. Once again, thanks for the review and hopefully we will see you here again in the future.

• Polish first
“Nice bar”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Nice to have a drink in but as for the food.. well it's abit hit and miss. I have eaten here a few times and somtimes the food is lovely but another time it was so overcooked I could not eat it. The staff were average ... not the best or worse I have seen. Nice to meet up here with friends for a night out but I wouldn't rush to eat here as there are much nicer places in the area.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Gerri T
Declan O, Guest Relations Manager at JP Clarke's, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hi Gerri, thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the time you have taken out to leave us a review. However I'm deeply saddened that you do not always enjoy your visit to us. We always aim to give our customers quality food and service everyday. I hope that your opinion of our restaurant will not prevent you from returning here in the future. Thanks again for the review.

Co Clare
“Well done on your award”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hi would just like to say well done to JP"s. Had another lovely meal there Sunday and again staff are super and the venison casserole to die for. You deserve to be voted Best Gastro Pub 2013 well done to you be back soon

• Visited September 2013
Hi Lou! Thanks for the review and thanks for the lovely complement. Everybody here worked so hard to give us a chance of winning Best Gastro Pub in Clare 2013 and in the end it was very worthwhile. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your visit to us recently and we are all looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Miami
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good place to feel like a local!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Everyone was welcoming and genuinely friendly. There was live music played by a few gentlemen who seemed to be close friends who were hanging out having a jam fest!

Visited September 2013
Hi there! Thanks for the feedback on our little establishment! I'm delighted ye enjoyed the visit and that ye were able to witness the local atmosphere in JP Clarkes. Make sure to pop in again the next time ye visit Ireland! Thanks again for the review!

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Bit of a let down”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I visited with family for a evening dinner. Service was very slow & not exactly friendly. It took quite a while to get our order taken. When the food arrived it was poor which is a pity because the bar/restaurant is very nice. The fish cakes in particular were pretty awful. Very disappointing.

3 Thank Tomas L
Hi Tomas, thanks for the review its much appreciated. I do however apologise that your visit to us was not a happy one. I can guarantee you this is not how we treat our customers on a daily basis. I will be discussing this with my fellow staff in an effort to understand why your visit wasn't enjoyable. I hope this experience does not prevent you from returning in the future. Thanks again for the review.