“I would stay here again!!”

Bunratty Castle Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bunratty
Pedricktown, New Jersey, United States
“I would stay here again!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I couldn't disagree more with the review below by (Calpenney5). We stayed here 2 nights last week and had two rooms.

We found the entire staff throughout the hotel to be very friendly and accomodating. We took the red eye to Shannon and got there early in the morning around 9:30 am or so which was not even close to check in time. They found one room ready for us and checked us into that room and expedited the cleaning of the 2nd room.

We have stayed in a lot of nice hotels over the years and we found the rooms to be very nice and clean. The rooms could use a little more updating though. The location was close walking distance to the 15th century Bunratty Castle and Folk Park. We went to the Medieval style dinner there which was pretty good. We didn't eat dinner in any of the restaurants there so I can't speak to those, however we did have the buffett breakfast. Honestly the buffett breakfast was average at best so there's room for improvement there, but not a show stopper.

We had some drinks in Kathleen's Bar in the hotel- The atmosphere was great. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Also if you stay in Bunratty, be sure to go to the Cliffs of Moher- The views are breath taking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Finnish first
Marshfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was a nice, clean hotel with a great lounge area and excellent staff. There was a problem with our reservation but they were able to give us two rooms at no extra cost to accommodate. I loved that they had A/C; only hotel in all 9 that we stayed in that did! Right across the street from the Bunratty Castle so we walked right over for the banquet. It was nice and quiet as well. Loved it.

Morton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The last 2 nights of our visit to Ireland, we stayed at the Bunratty Castle Hotel. The location is excellent, the staff friendly and helpful. The Hotel itself while nice is in much need of some updating. The rooms are very tired looking. Breakfast in the morning was sub-par. With a little TLC this could be a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Very disappointed in this hotel. I'm sure the tour company chooses to use it because it is directly across the street from the castle, but they really need to make a change. We arrived to find that the a/c didn't work in several of our rooms. The staff was notified of this prior to our going across to the castle feast, however when we returned I was told my room would not be addressed by maintenance as they had left for the day. The staff gave me another room, but it took 3 hours to have my one piece of luggage moved to the new room. WiFi was only available in the lobby. Really? I'm sure every paying guest wants to sit in the lobby to discuss their personal business - NOT! So let's compound these things with the fact that the elevator/lift was out of order. Everyone wants to be on the 4th floor with no elevator - NOT! Breakfast the next morning was included with our trip and it was by far the worst breakfast we were served all week. This place needs a complete overhaul!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, demand a room on the Executive Corridor to get a full fledged stand up shower...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was somewhat happy with the room but the service is awful!!! The ladies at front desk checked in my family of 8. They did not inform us where our rooms were!!! They just pointed to STAIRS!!! Yes stairs!!! Elevator was out and I had my senior parents with me and one daughter on crutches with broken leg! NO HELP WITH LUGGAGE!!! No bellmen! All 4 rooms all over hotel and to top it off NO WIRELESS where my room is in hotel!!! Really?!? I called to ask why is there no Internet and front desk lady said "I didn't tell you that you had Internet" REALLY?!? It's advertised on your website and on my booking reservations!!! Rude service is BAD BUDINESS is BAD REVIEW!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Conveniently located for anyone arriving / departing from Shannon airport and for visiting the Bunratty Castle. The rooms and the lobby need to be updated - everything looked and felt very worn. Wifi only available in lobby. Overall an average hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Rooms big, well equipped, but not very clean. The cleaning lady makes beds and exchanges towels.. That's all:( Breakfast very poor quality, not much choice... Waiters do not notice guests. Disappointing... The only adventage is indeed near to the Castle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bunratty
Bunratty Manor Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport

Been to Bunratty Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!