“Hotel ok ish”

Bunratty Castle Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bunratty
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hotel was ok, the price a bit high for my liking. It seems to me that it becomes a bit run down, the outside needs a proper overhaul, otherwise the wood will rot away in this climate.
The wifi was very poor, we stayed at the top rate rooms which are spacious and good but there was no wifi available, which is not acceptable anymore in this day and age.
If going back to Bunratty in the future I'll try to find another lodging close by the castle.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here for a night while on a tour and I was very impressed - the hotel is beautiful. The decor is stunning, as is the layout and rooms. My room was one of the best ones I had while on the tour - very large, huge comfortable bed, amazing pillows and a great view. I felt like I was a princess for a night! The front desk service was great - very kind and helpful. My only complaint was a breakfast staff... Most of them were very slow, coffee or tea took upwards of 20 minutes to initially get, and they were hard to flag down. When you did, they appeared very rushed/and or annoyed. Despite that, it was a truly wonderful stay!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chantal S
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night family stay. We were a family of 2 adults and 2 children (8 +12) and went to celebrate mine and my daughters birthday - where better to stay?! I cant believe any negative reviews on here as we encountered no problems at all and the staff were all so polite, friendly, chatty and helpful. We love our weekend breaks but nowhere have we come across such lovely service as we did here. Our room was lovely just like the pics (We had a family suite). Breakfast was fine, the usual cereals, fruits, full english. We had pre booked our evening meals too as part of a special package and evening meals were held in the little italian restaurant at the side of the hotel. Food in here was beautiful and again the ladies serving us were really lovely and helpful - They even organised a birthday cake for my daughters birthday short notice. If you dont like italian food there are other things on the menu. The chicken wings were fab and i didnt know what to expect when i ordered red thai curry in an italian restaurant. I thought i made the best thai curry in the world until I tasted this, it was out of this world. They had the basic childrens food too chicken nuggets, pizza etc & it was all really good so can highly recommend prebooking meals at this hotel. All in all a fantastic weekend and lovely location. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank RiggersBlackpool
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Unprofessional bar staff who had to asked numerous times for various orders for bar food. The food was of appalling quality which left me sick afterwards. The outside was untidy and table etc were left dirty for long periods.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very nice but for the price, I expected a lot more. The thermostat controls were missing from the room, there was a lot of cosmetic issues (cracks in walls, roughed up carpets), the rooms were just kind of mediocre, and the advertised music in the bar "every night" was not there. It is a great location if you need to get to the Shannon Airport early.

1  Thank jkunk
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at the Bunratty Castle Hotel as part of a CIE group tour and LOVED it. It is a beautiful hotel both inside & out. The rooms are spacious, well-appointed (including free wi-fi), & comfortable. We particularly enjoyed the indoor pool/spa area which was very relaxing. Note that the pool does require swimming caps so come prepared or buy one onsite at the spa reception.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MBJBride0520
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Curtain torn, tiles loose in the bathroom, TV instructions AWOL, came back from dinner with lock mechanism for the door dead as a door nail, two trips to the lobby to resolve as there are no hall phones with which to call the desk. That said, it's near the airport, the room is pretty, and you'll get a great workout with the walk from the lift to your room.

1  Thank ShelbyOH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bunratty
Bunratty Manor Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport
The Old Ground
The Old Ground
#1 of 9 in Ennis

Been to Bunratty Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!