I didn't have overly high expectations given what other people I know have said about the hotel but overall it was a positive experience.
1. Good size car park (important given that there may be several coaches of tourists staying);
2. Room had recently been refurbished to a high standard;
3. Decent gym (compared to other hotels);
4. Reliable, free wi-fi;
5. Helpful staff.
1. Room service ends fairly early (9pm, although they will do sandwiches) which meant that after I was late back that was all that was available;
2. You need to buy a swimcap to use the pool which is tiny;
3. Its almost impossible to get the toilet to flush which, from other reviews, wasn't just the case in my room.
Also worth asking to avoid a room that has a connecting door to the next room - it meant I could hear who ever was in the connecting room for 1 night snoring.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Bunratty Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.