“Glenorney by the Sea-Tramore, County Waterford, Ireland”

Glenorney by the Sea
Ranked #1 of 12 Tramore B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2009

We traveled Ireland for 2 weeks and stayed at 13 different BnB's. Our standards were based on our first night's stay @ Glenorney and only one other came close to Glenorney! Marie, the owner could not have been more hospitable! The house is immaculate, food delicious, and she and staff more than accommodating. The bedrooms looked out to beautiful sea views. The surrounding area is lovely. I would recommend to the most discriminating BnB guests.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank GalwaygirlsUsa

Reviewed March 24, 2009

Checked in at 5pm after a busy day of meetings in Waterford city. Tramore is just 10min drive from Waterford city. Recommend staying Glenorney if working in Waterford. Meet Marie's husband Willies who checked us in and recommend a great restaurant in Tramore.
Willie also informed us about Tramore golf course which he rang and arranged green fees for us to Play on Saturday morning. Golf course is just across the road.
View from the room was amazing woke up Saturday morning to see a number of boats in the bay fishing.
Breakfast was excellent the freshly baked brown bread is worth it alone.
Over experience was great cant wait to get back to Waterford for work or holiday.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank powerpaul
Reviewed October 28, 2008

I stayed at Glenorney Guesthouse in September this year. The warm welcome started with the beautiful entrance to the house. The garden was immaculately in bloom and I stood for a while enjoying the scene. We were then warmly welcomed by Marie the owner, who led us to our room and took our breakfast order. Marie was very helpful advising of places of interest to see and recommended various places to dine that evening. We went to a lovely steak and fish restaurant of her recommendation and were delighted with the tasty home made food and delicious wine. As if this wasn't enough, the breakfasts we had the following mornings were delightful. It was hard to choose from the selection of delicious breakfasts on the menu but over the couple of days I sampled the yummy pancakes and hearty kippers. Everything was freshly made from the fruit salads to the fry's. I loved that there were fresh roses on all the dining tables as well as dotted around the house. Everyone in my party was delighted with their rooms and views, and of course the food. Marie and Willie couldn't have been more charming. I'll definitely be back, and recommend this guesthouse to all.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank SMCR
Reviewed October 22, 2008

Great home cooking from our hostess Marie, fresh brown bread with rasberry or strawberry jam. The breakfast menu was great, the frech toast being my favourite. Stayed in room 6 with a great view of the garden and tramore bay. My wife andI flew from Manchester into Waterford airport which is about 15 minutes away from Tramore.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John M
Reviewed October 9, 2008

When you walk in there are dolls everywhere, which is a little disturbing but since they were only downstairs, no big deal. We asked where to eat and they would only tell us about an expensive restaurant in town, we ended up finding a pub with great food on our own. We came back and relaxed, watched some tv (where we could not adjust the volume), and listened to all of our neighbors. At around 11 I attempted to take a shower. The water started, I got sopping wet, then the water turned off. My mom called all the numbers that were in the book in the room, even the "emergency" number. No answer. She eventually had to just use the coffee pot, fill up the water, and then I would pour it on myself. Thank gosh I was with my mother and not a casual friend as this would have been very uncomfortable. They should have let us know that they turn off the water at night. At 7:15 my mom called again and a woman answered and said "the water is on now". Worst experience ever! Every other B&B we stayed at on our week long trip was amazing. The view from our room was great though...

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
6  Thank luveey
Reviewed April 21, 2008

Was not quite what we expected either. Room was tiny and same issue with the volume on the TV, was not adjustable. The walls were very thin so we could hear our neighbors. Breakfast was great though!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bmoss72
Reviewed September 20, 2007

We went to Glenorney by the Sea with great expectations but left a little disappointed. The experience we had was either good and bad and nothing in between. A place of contrasts for us.
We arrived about 8:00 PM from the ferry and Marie showed us to room 3. Room 3 was basically converted roof space and you could not walk either side of the bed without stooping otherwise you banged your head. The TV was so high and small you could not see it unless you stood up in front of it and we had no remote control so volume was not adjustable. The ensuite had a bath but without a plug was not that useful. The windows were basically skylights so you had no view apart from the sky. As it happened Marie was not available that night so we needed to sort out the issues the next day.
The next morning I requested a different room and we were changed without any problems to Room A when it was available. Bags etc. were all moved by the staff and all I had to do was request another room and before I needed to explain why, the request was granted.
This room was the one shown on the website and was excellent.
The home cooked breakfast was excellent and the choice was more than would be expected in a B & B. From full irish breakfast to kippers.
The name is a little deceptive as it is not near the sea and private parking exists for 1 - 2 rooms max. All other parks are in the street outside which was a service road.
Cleanliness was excellent and the only suggestion I would make is to not to stay in Room 3 and make sure you have a vehicle as you need to drive to hotels etc.
Due to some issue with the card machine I had to pay cash and this was a bit of an inconvience for me as I had not budgetted for this in my cash allowance in euros. I had expected to use my credit card as per the website details.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KCGMelbourne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tramore
O'Shea's Hotel
#3 of 12 in Tramore
Fernhill House
Fernhill House
#4 of 12 in Tramore

Been to Glenorney by the Sea? Share your experiences!