“Lovely B&B!”

Glenorney by the Sea
Ranked #1 of 11 Tramore B&B and Inns
“Lovely B&B!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We made a reservation here at the last minute and were very glad we did. The beachside town was cute and Glenorney was perfectly located. The view was great and the outside seating was an added bonus.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Glenorney on a Sunday and Marie and Willie could not have been more accommodating!!!! My wife and I went to play golf that morning, but the course was not open... When I told Marie, she said "you should just play, and pay when you get done". I told her we were going to rent clubs, and she and Willie let us borrow THEIR personal golf clubs!!! We were so thrilled!
Marie and Willie were so nice and made us feel like we were part of the family.
Thank you!!
The cliffs/ beach is a quick walk down the street also.
DEFINITELY RECCOMEND!!!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Large, beautiful, modern, comfortable and spotlessly clean room with all of the amenities you could ask for. Amazing luxury breakfast in perfect surroundings. Quiet and peaceful. Fab view from our room. Staff so welcoming, professional and helpful. Could not fault this fab B&B.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Mary and Willie were the warmest of hosts! Their home is so lovely and smelled of fresh baked bread throughout. Our room was as clean as a whistle and offered all the comforts of home...with a sea view! Breakfast was excellent and the town of Tramore is all you could ask for. My only concern is that this was our first B&B stay with two weeks of travel left....hope we were not spoiled for the other stays.

Room Tip: Ask for the water view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Curwensville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We had a very lovely stay at Glenorney! The room was clean and very nicely appointed. We got in very late and they were still very welcoming and kind as they checked us into our room. Our breakfast was very good as well. The nicest B & B during our stay in Ireland!

San Mateo, California
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

I had made my booking for this location at a tourist bureau while my wife and I were traversing the Island. We were advised at the time of booking that a rate would be 60 euros for a nights b&b stay. The room was of very average quality with a earth moving piece of equipment outside the window. The following morning while leaving the woman proprietor stopped me to say I owed her 90 euros, and that I personally miss booked my number of occupants of 2. She kept accusing me of having made the error, and although I didn't as the agency made the reservation-I felt her attitude was deplorable and unseemly. I would not have agreed to stay at her b&b had I known about her pricing and lack of professionalism. She held up another couple that same day for something similar. This b&b was the only negative spot of our 12 night stay on the Emerald Isle.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Joseph K
Glenorney, Owner at Glenorney by the Sea, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
With regards to the below post, firstly I would like to express my upset over hearing that one of my clients felt my attitude was deplorable and unseemly. I have been working in the hospitality sector for a long number of years and I take great pride in customer care.

This compliant has arisen because of a booking made through a Tourist Office. The booking was made in error by the office; they booked a double room for 1 person at a rate of €60 which I then understood to be a single room, when in fact two people arrived to my home, therefore the actual booking should have been for 2 people for 1 double at a rate of €45 per person, totaling €90 not €60.

It was an unfortunate situation, in that no-one could win, I had to make the guest aware of the error, the client has obviously felt disgruntled over the change in price and I understandably had to charge the correct price to cover our costs.

This situation was out of my control and the error rests with The Tourist Board. I have made them aware of this so that this situation should not arise again in the future for me or any of my colleagues in the B&B sector.
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The amazing views of Tramore Bay put this lovely, well appointed, clean, and comfortable B & B at the top of our list! Marie and her husband were gracious hosts and we were served a delicious "Full Irish" breakfast by their capable and friendly staff. Though not right at the water's edge, we highly recommend Glenorney by the Sea for its location and comfort. A wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Be certain to ask for a room with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank miacapretta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tramore
Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort
#3 of 11 in Tramore
Beach Haven House
Beach Haven House
#2 of 11 in Tramore

Been to Glenorney by the Sea? Share your experiences!