“Lovely Fathers Day”
Review of Majestic Hotel

Majestic Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tramore
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My husband and my baby daughter and myself arrived in Tramore on Saturday afternoon. We were greeted on the hotel reception by a very friendly woman who had us registered and up in our room in no time at all.
The room was very comfortable with a cot all ready as I had requested. We had a wonderful sea view. There was a tv, tea coffee making facilities. There was a full bathroom which was clean and tidy , if a little dated.
We ate in the hotel restaurant that evening and the service was first class there was a good childrens menu and plenty of high chairs. There was live music in the bar and a large lobby where you could sit and relax with a tea coffee or a drink. We were there to celebrate Fathers Day and we would most certainly return as the beautiful beach was a five minute walk away

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank smudgeCarlowIreland

Reviewed June 10, 2010

We stayed at the Majestic Hotel in Tramore for the June Bank Holiday weekend and after reading reviews before we went I was afraid of what I was going to find. We went into the lobby and it was clean modern and very spacious. I stayed with my partner and 2 year old Child. The room we had was on the second floor and was clean and tidy and had everything that we needed for the weekend. I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone. Staff were very friendly and food in the restaurant was really nice.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2010

We visited many hotels in Waterford and County Waterford and the Majestic was one of the cleanest and most modern hotels we visited. The staff were exceptional, including Mark who we dealt with mostly. We wanted to have a civil ceremony followed by the usual wedding meal. Mark went out of his way to accommmodate us as we had a large party of nearly 170, including children. Mark liaised with the Marriage Registrar and we had the pleasure of having our ceremony looking out across the lake and the sea; it was perfect in every way. The meal for the wedding was absolutely lovely, very generous portions. The room was laid out to perfection, which is thanks to Maureen. We had visitors from both Ireland and the UK and everyone was happy. We had a large group for a meal the following night and the food was even better than the previous night. It's not many places you get handmade chips nowadays; I think all hotels should ban frozen foods! The room was very nice and exceptionally clean. Our children were accommodated by the more than friendly staff. Our wedding day was perfection and the stay was an absolute pleasure. I don't think you could find nicer more friendly staff anywhere, including the night porter. Room rates were very reasonable and affordable. Many many thanks to Annette and the staff in the Majestic, a pure pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed November 16, 2009

We were travelling to Tramore for a get together and I rang The Majestic Hotel to book two rooms for weekend with one room looking to stay Sunday Night. To my shock the receptionist said that she couldnt take the Sunday night booking as they were closed midweek!
I had looked up their website which clearly stated their rates for November under special offers and included midweek rates, when I mentioned this the receptionist was quite rude and replied "yes but if you try to book it , you cant!" I think she misunderstood the point that it should not be advertised if it is not available.
I understand that this time of the year hotels are finding it difficult, but in my opinion the should be either open or closed for the winter, not half open, or at the least if they are closed partially, they shouldnt advertise they are fully open.
In the end the Majestic Hotel lost revenue for the two rooms we would have booked if they had been open Sunday night (which in fact is a weekend night), and because of the rudeness of the receptionist (instead of being apologetic) I will not even try to book the majestic hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
tramore1, Reservations Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2009

Dear Cathalbrugha
I am sorry that you were upset about not being able to book into our hotel recently.
The Special Offer that you enquired about is only available on Friday & Saturdays at this time of year and we clearly state that it is subject to availability.
However i wonder why you rated us when you didn't actually stay?
Ann
Receptionist

Reviewed August 31, 2009

When you enter the hotel lobby, it is all clean and looks like just another hotel. But the rest of the hotel is dingy, dirty and smelly. We had an 'ocean view' but couldn't see through the window because it was so dirty. Things were broken in the room, the bath and toilet was cracked, and you couldn't sit in the bath because there was no enamel left. At least the linen was clean. We were supposed to stay for a short break, but stayed only one night and then booked out because it really is a misserable place. This could all probably be overlooked for a short stay, but the rude staff and terrible breakfast made the decision for us. I wouldn't recommend anyone staying here... rather one of the other hotels, or the gorgeous b&b's you get right next door

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank CybermomIreland
Reviewed August 8, 2009

This was my second stay at the majestic. Last time i was given a back room with a view of the car park and i was not happy at all.
This time however i really enjoyed my stay at the majestic i had a lovely seaview room, and the bar had been decorated since my last stay.
The staff are so nice and really can't do enough for you, so helpfull especialy in the reception and dinning areas. The weather wasn't great but everyone had helpful sugestions of what to do with our time.
The food was excellent and timed very well between courses not like in some other Irish restaurants where you finish your starter and straight away your main course appears, we had just enough time between courses and really enjoyed the experience.
I love Tramore and visit family several times during the year, i will stay again at the majestic hotel.
The only minus we felt was with one menmber of the bar staff who was very rude and had no people skills.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I had the pleasure at experiencing first hand the most well managed wedding venue I ever attended. My friends wedding was held at this hotel on the 6th of June and what a fantastic day we had. The decor both in the bar & the function room was out of this world with all the added extras not going unnoticed!! Even down to toiletries in the ladies - what a faboulous touch especially when your lucky to fit a lipstick in any hadbag you would take to a wedding! The food was devine & piping hot, and the service second to none. I really have to had it to all the staff nothing was too much trouble especially considering it was a large wedding. Well done to you all!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tramore
O'Shea's Hotel
#9 of 12 in Waterford
Tower Hotel Waterford
Tower Hotel Waterford
#5 of 12 in Waterford

Been to Majestic Hotel? Share your experiences!