“Very nice place to stay”
Review of Majestic Hotel

Majestic Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tramore
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at the Majestic as part of a bus tour. The food was excellent and the service was as well. The location is beautiful with the beach a short stroll away. I would have no hesitation in coming back and staying here...and hopefully I will be able to in the next couple of years. Rooms were clean and a good size however being a bit warmer we left the window open only to have the noise of the odd conversation from people at the ground level come up to the room but it wasnt too bad.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
MajesticTramore, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Riverina2013,

Thank you for the lovely review of the Majestic Hotel.

Wishing you an enjoyable and most memorable tour of Ireland.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tramore & the Majestic Hotel some day soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here recently for a short family break, I think it was def best hotel in tramore lookin at the others, it was family friendly which was important to me, didn't have pool but there is splash world across the road, rooms very clean, reception and bar areas lovely, good breakfast too, only thing lacking was service in bar, waitress didn't remember our tea, took ages to bring it, we ate here again the next day and service was bad again, asked for more bread for kids and took about half hour to come back with it, not good with kids, overall I would come back.......

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank IrishWedding
MajesticTramore, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Irishwedding,

Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Delighted to read that you found us to be family friendly and the best Hotel in Tramore.

Apologies for the poor service you received in the bar. I will personally look into this and work with my team in improving the customer service in our lounge bar.

Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Mark Whelan.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Over priced for room we had - very stuffy at night. We had a family room - but was definitely not suitable for a family. Our view was over the staff car park & we would be woken by deliveries arriving early in the morning We asked for bigger room but they didn't have bigger - very few staying in hotel - lacked atmosphere - only 2 other families eating breakfast & in restaurant very quiet also. No entertainment or kiddies club during the week - no one in bar/lounge. Definitely nicer better value hotels in Tramore.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Finnegan4069
MajesticTramore, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Finnegan4069,

Thank you for your review.

Sorry you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

All family rooms have 1 Double Bed and 2 single beds based on 2 adults and 2 children sharing which in some cases larger families find that this is sufficient for their needs. Perhaps 2 rooms might have been more suitable for your family.

All larger family rooms are to the back of the hotel as this is considered a quieter area. All deliveries to the hotel start only after 9.30am which is not early.

Regarding your comment "lacked atmosphere" we provide live entertainment on 4 nights of the week (families welcome), a kids club on weekends and kids packs at reception as well as providing a discount service of up to 25% or more to Privates adventure,Splashworld,Run amuck,Freedom surf school and many more family activities, all within walking distance of the hotel.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Having spent a great holiday at the Majestic Hotel, myself and my friend would like to congratulate the proprietor, manager and the wonderful staff, who were always on hand to help and very friendly. The bedrooms are beautifully decorated and so comfortable and we were well satisfied each time we left the dining room ("Well done Chef"). No doubt you will be seeing plenty of us in the future.
M Collins

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jane B
MajesticTramore, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Jane B / M Collins,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Majestic Hotel.

I will pass on your congratulations to all members of staff, who I'm sure, will be delighted to see you had a great holiday with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 27, 2013

During a holiday bus tour around the British Isles, we stayed at the Majestic Hotel in Tramore, the service was very good, the ensuite room was also very good and the food excellent, a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnb255100
MajesticTramore, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear john255100,

Thank you for writing such a kind and rewarding review of the Majestic Hotel. Wishing you and your tour group a most memorable and enjoyable visit to Ireland and Great Britian.

Best Regards

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was in here on Saturday and found the service very poor. Took ages for my order to be taken and when I did get my main course, it was only average, I have had better fish and chips before. I then asked could I order a dessert of the waitress who never returned to me, I would probadly still be waiting there for it to come. There was a mix up with orders with my childrens orders so by the time I had my main course finished, they had only gotten their meals :( Also when I went up to bar to get drinks, I was left waiting again and the waiters/waitresses were very rude at bar, no matters whatsoever. Very dissapointed. Won't be back and by the look of other reviews I have just read below, this seems to be a reoccuring problem

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
MajesticTramore, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear 1947M,

Apologies for the poor service & thank you for bringing it to my attention .

We at the Majestic Hotel believe that customer care and service is paramount , so it disappoints me to read a review of poor service. I will speak to all staff with regard to this.

My apologies again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Popped in here the weekend for dinner in the evening and was very disappointed after hearing a good review about the food from people I know who attended a wedding here. We were firstly left sitting in bar for 10 mins, nobody came near us while we looked at menus, I then called staff member over to ask "Do I order at bar or do you take the orders", she advised me to go to bar... no problem, so I put it my order.
I hate butter and have an intolerance to it so I ordered my panini without butter (simple request I thought!)
It came out covered in buttter with just tuna and mayo... sent it back.. 15 mins later, another one comes out but this time just bread and tuna!!! It said on menu served with mayo and cheese, had to send it back again, I said to the waitress, all i want is whats written on the menu minus the butter... very simple request to make a panini, 3rd time lucky, it came out, only ate half of it as I was so stressed and frustrated at this stage. Will not be coming back here again, got apologys etc but didnt get any complimentary desert or drink or money off for this mistake. Its very unfair, the person with me had her dinner finished 10 mins by the time mine came out.
And the staff leave alot to be disired..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ElleBi

Dear Ellebi,

I would like to apologise for the poor service that you received recently with us.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I have spoken with all staff involved & reiterated our customer care policies with them.

Apologies again.

Yours sincerely
Mark Whelan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tramore
O'Shea's Hotel
#2 of 3 in Dungarvan
The Sands Hotel
The Sands Hotel
#4 of 4 in Tramore

Been to Majestic Hotel? Share your experiences!