“Rude and Ignorant staff (well some of them)”
Review of O'Shea's Hotel

O'Shea's Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tramore
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I didnt book a room in this hotel because I was reading previous reviews about rooms being too small and overpriced and I didnt like the replies the hotel owners gave as I thought they were very rude and angry so we checked into a lovely b&b for 3 nights for a mini break...our plan was to go to O'sheas for the night entertainment because hopefully we wouldnt encounter any complaints as pub patrons and it's child friendly and we had 3 children 9, 5 and 2yrs ...so on arrival in Tramore I rang the hotel and a woman answered and I asked was there music that night and was children welcome..her answer was yes, the music starts at 930pm and of course children are welcome...so we thought great we can go and they're relaxed enough about kids..we had an amazing night, there were lots of families with their kids running about at 12 when we left, the young barman who was serving us for the night was really nice to us and was always chatting away to us everytime we ordered, even when I commented that my draught beer was warm he said next time he'll get my beer from the other bar..when we were leaving my husband handed him a tip and we never do that in a bar! Roll on next night..so I thought...so following night we arrived around 10:10pm because music started later than the 930pm the previous night, we found a seat and the ballroom was closed but we scanned the room and ok we thought there are lots of young kids here and a DJ playing so we went to order drinks..first I noticed the nice barman was off but 2 older people were working, a man and woman. They ignored us, served people who just walked up to the counter, numerous of times..eventually the man served us, no smile, no thank you, basically no manners, we didnt mind because we just wanted the kids to have a good time anyway. So we were there just over an hour so I told my husband to order 2 drinks for us at 11;20PM because the bar is probably closing, he finished his drink much quicker than me so when we spotted the barman at 11:45pm my husband asked him for a pint for himself while he waited for me too finish mine but he replied no bar is closed...so ok fair enough until 10 min later the barman served 2 people alcohol, my husband asked the barman and he replied are you resident? No, they are residents! Ok so I was thinking we were customers spending money in this pub also, we should be treated the same so I approached the female barstaff and quizzed her, at the same time she was just finishing serving some kids some peanuts, she told me the same and she made a very rude comment to me: "it's after 12 anyway, your children should be in bed, and children should be off the premises at 930PM" I said you served the kids before me peanuts and she just laughed at me saying that it was only peanuts and its not alcohol but my opinion was if kids should be in bed then why was she selling them peanuts, why didnt she tell their parents that they should be in bed! She was aware the time we arrived at the pub, it was well after 10 and the previous day I was told kids are welcome and music starts at 930!This woman made me feel that I was some drunk who hadnt a clue that my kids should be in bed,we were on holiday and we dont do this at home. I'm sure she would have noticed that most of the customers are families with young kids, if they didnt serve families late after the 930 curfew for kids then they wouldnt be open the 44years they keep bragging about. And judging from previous reviews with cheeky hotel replies, Im sure these people are going to leave me a smart comment..but it's ok, they dont need to waste valuble time because I wont be back, this place was buzzing a few years ago but seems empty and dead except for the families they serve after their 930 rule!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cailinbeag
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear Cilinbeag,
my sincere apologies for my staff's attitude, I am so annoyed by the way that you were treated and you have got every right to complain.
We treat any complaint very seriously.
I just wish that you had complained to me during your stay in Tramore, when hopefully I could have made it up to you & your family.
We do pride ourselves on being in business for over 44 years & that I think is because we try our best to give our customers the service & value they deserve, and from your complaint I can see that you were treated very badly, I have spoken to my older staff about your complain, but of course they have mystereriously forgotten the incident or in my opioion chosen to forget the incident.
I have also passed on your nice comments to our younger bad man - thank you.
I do hope that when you visit Tramore again, that you will pop in to see me & maybe I can persuede you to come back to our bar with your family as all customers are very precious.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, it was the friendliest hotel we ever stayed in. The staff were fantastic and we will certainly be going back there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
O'SheasHotel, Manager at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Patrick/Monica,
Thank you for your kind comments, it was our pleasure to accommodate you & we hope that you will return to Tramore & to O'Shea's Hotel very soon.
Once again, thank you very much.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

last saturday on the spur of the moment we decided to book a short break, saw a good deal and rang. we booked in at 12.15 on sunday afternoon for 2 nights b&b. stayed in the main building and had a great time. the staff could not have been more helpful, room was clean and bed was comfortable, free carpark at rear of the hotel. we could not fault the breakfast, the staff in the dining room checked to make sure we had enough food and tea. we had lunch in the bar on the sunday and the choice was very good,so was the food. the location was great 30 seconds from the beach and funfair. i thought it was very good value for money
tip; if you are a light sleeper ask for a room at the back of the hotel as it can get noisy for about 30 min after closing time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Joe, thank you very much for your very nice comments, it was our pleasure to accommodate you. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay & we sincerely hope that you will return to Tramore & more especially to O'Shea's Hotel very soon again, and we can assure you that you will be made most welcome again.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed in the Gate Lodge this Saturday and Sunday, not impressed with the place at all, around the corner from the main hotel - no phone in the room, milk was off so tea nearly poisoned us, the kettle had seen better days to.TV only had 3 stations, we had no contact from hotel staff at all until day of check out when cleaners appeared to be hounding us to get out so they could clean the room although it was only 11am and check out was not until 12. we did not bother with the breakfast that morning as could not eat it the previous morning all bar the toast tasted good, very poor and disapointing stay, both of us had serious stomach ache after the breakfast. Back of the hotel was overlooked by our bedroom and it is disgraceful with ruble, cats, glass all over the place. Could not wait to get away from the place to be honest.

2  Thank Michelle M

Dear Michelle & Leroy,
I am very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I was on reception when you checked in late on Satuday evening, I suggested that I move you from the Main Hotel to the Gate Lodge, as the room reserved for you in the Main Hotel was over the bar & I thought that is might be too noisy for you.
Now to deal with you complaints:-
I will admit that there was no phone in your bedroom.
There is a new kettle in you bedroom, so I cannot understand why you think that it has seen better days!
I cannot understand why your milk had gone off as we replace milk daily.
On checking the clearing rosters, it is recorded that your room commenced to be serviced at 12.30.
There are 5 tv station on your television.
You had two large windows in you bedroom overlooking the street, your bathroom does overlook the back garden & yes we have got 3 cats who play there. This morning I personally check the back garden & cannot see any broken glass.
We have been in business 44 years & this is the very first time we have had a complaint about the breakfast & no other resident had a complain on Sunday morning - all breakfast are cooked to order.
We do not normally contact guests once they have checked in - we respect that guests like their privacy.
Once again I am sorry that you did not come to me personally to discuss your issues.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed for two nights on an excellent deal. Room was a good size, clean and comfortable bed. Room could do with a little sprucing up but all in all no complaints about the room. Staff in hotel were lovely, did find the older male bar staff were not as friendly or welcoming as other staff in bars and hotel, but everyone has a different personality. Enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Michelle & Leroy,
I am very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I was on reception when you checked in late on Satuday evening, I decided to move you from the Main Hotel to the Gate Lodge, as the room reserved for you in the Main Hotel was over the bar & I thought that is might be too noisy for you.
Now to deal with you complaints:-
I will admit that the phone that we had no your bedroom.
I cannot understand why your milk had gone off as we replace milk daily. Why did you not make me aware on Sunday that you were not happy, as I would have rectified any problem that you may have had.
There are 5 tv station on your television.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed in this hotel on the June Bank holiday weekend, as i was attending a wedding in Tramore.
I arrived at 4pm and was dealt with promptly and with the uptmost of friendliness.
I stayed in the main part of the hotel
My room had a sea view and was airy and cosy at the same time!! It was clean and had ample supply of everything i needed.
The breakfast the next morning was gorgeous and reaaly hit the spot after the night of celebratons the night before!!

Well done to the owners and staff for an enjoyable experience. I will certainly stay here again

Room Tip: My room, 25 had a sea view and if weather is nice the night before, its lovely to wake up to the sou...