“Overpriced, Over Hyped but Great Food”
Review of The Pine Rooms

The Pine Rooms
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Tramore
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: The Pine Rooms is an attractive newly renovated town house with garden and centrally located in Tramore. The restaurant, initially established in the 1980's was a consistent favourite of local The Pine Rooms Restaurant is located in the beautiful seaside village of Tramore in County Waterford on the southeast coast of Ireland. The town is situated on the northeast corner of Tramore Bay on a hill that slopes down to the strand. residents. It had a remarkable reputation for very good hearty food served in a relaxed atmosphere. The Pine Rooms is now under new ownership and reopening. The menu has been created by drawing inspiration from the seasons and will feature up to date, beautifully prepared and presented dishes made with the freshest local produce, seafood, and locally raised meats. The menu will also include some of the "classic" favourites for which the original Pine Rooms was so renowned. Reservations recommended. Come and join us at The Pine Rooms for a relaxing dinner in one of our many rooms.
Mullingar, Ireland
“Overpriced, Over Hyped but Great Food”
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

As a local of Tramore I have never quite understood the hype regarding The Pine Rooms. Maybe it is due to the shortage of restaurants in Tramore with little to no competition in existence or maybe it's to do with the snob factor of eating there as it is "the place" to be seen eating in the town.

Firstly, the food really is great. It is very tasty and the steak is always beautifully cooked. Other than that I don't think there is anything of note in the restaurant that you wouldn't find in most other establishments.

The building itself is an old, Victorian style house, tastefully decorated. The restaurant is separated into two dining rooms upstairs and one dining room downstairs. Unlike the rooms upstairs the downstairs room has stone walls with a basement/cellar type atmosphere. The staff are always friendly and the service is usually prompt with waitresses always on the go.

I am not a fan of the handwritten, photocopied menus which I often find difficult to read.

On a recent outing I booked a table and was seated downstairs in the cellar type room, directly behind the only door in or out. The table was small and cramped with little room for our order forcing us to place the jug of water on the window sill adjacent to the table which had a web in the corner.

The restaurant is expensive. A three course meal for my partner and I coupled with a bottle of the house red cost €120. I also found the desert menu quite limited with only two options at 9:30.

The atmosphere is ok, the restaurant is always noisy with staff hurrying about and the clanking of plates etc heard from the kitchen but all in all I think you can find restaurants locally just as good, with quality food and service for a far more economical price though you may have to travel to Waterford.

Wirral U.K
“Best food in tramore”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I can only say that this restaurant could stand up in any large town and put its prices up,would still be full
The food was fantastic the ladys who looked after us deserve great praise

Visited September 2012
CHESHIRE
“Good Eats”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Loved this place by the sea. It was recommended by our hosts at Glenorney. Restaurant was clean and food was good

Visited August 2012
Tipperary, Ireland
“Find of the summer!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

To make the most of the rare yet wonderful two days of sunshine we recently received we packed up the car and headed to Tramore. We had a truly wonderful day and stayed until late in the day. Hungry after a day on the beach yet wanting a little more than fish and chips we went in search of a restaurant that had something to offer all three of us. We walked passed the amusement arcades and took a left and we spotted a sign "\Pine Rooms" I asked a very welcoming lady if we could view the menu as recently due to medical reasons my diet is rather limited so I was delighted to see that yes fresh fish was on the menu. What made this restaurant so lovely was the warmth of welcome we received, the cosy dining area, the meal was just delicious and they went out of their way to not only accomodate my dietary needs but also those of a fussy 6 year old who along with her dad enjoyed a delicious chicken curry. I,on the other hand, had salmon on a bed of salad and vegetables. The menu was varied and there was an early bird offering two courses for 20 euro or if you wished the Al la carte menu was also available. My husband sampled the home made dearet and absolutely loved it. The staff seemed to know a number of their diners which suggested that this restaurant is a hit with the locals. I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant and would certainly return on a cold winters night as i feel certain that the magic of the place would be even more enhanced by lighting.

• Visited August 2012
Stillwater, OK
“Yum.”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I had the salamon which was excellent. They also has some sort of Turnips that were mashed which I turned my nose at until I tried it. Oh my gosh they were good.

Visited August 2012