“Fantastic Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Waterford
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Ate another fantastic meal at the Copper Hen - The food is just getting better here, if that is possible. The specials Linguini Prawns and Venison were just gorgeous - As was the Pasta starter and Pork Belly - The atmosphere and service as always great - we're so lucky to have this lovely restaurant on our door step

• Visited October 2013

Clonmel
“Lovely food but lacking in veg”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We ate at the Copper Hen last weekend, I had the Salmon, hubbie had the slow roast pork. It was delicious...but the description was that it was served on a bed of summer leaves, I think it was more like half a leaf as I had to search the plate for it, there literally was just a piece of salmon on a plate, granted there was a small bowl of roast veg to share (though it didn't go far) but for the price I would have expected a decent portion of something with it, having said that the salmon itself was delicious. I must admit we went to tramore for fresh hot donuts to fill up after. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Would I eat there again? Based on portion size, No.

• Visited August 2013
Waterford Ireland
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had dinner in the Copper Hen on Saturday night. This is a lovely restaurant in the pretty little village of Fenor just a few kilometres outside Tramore. The staff are really friendly and make you feel at home at once. Our starters consisted of a warm Asian chicken salad and a crab and prawn bruschetta both of which were amazing and were accompanied by a selection of delicious breads. Main courses were turbot for me and pork belly for my husband. Both cooked to perfection and accompanied by a large bowl of roasted vegetables To finish we shared an amazing sticky toffee pudding. A great wine list and good coffee made this a really good value and enjoyable meal out. We will be returning.

• Visited July 2013
Tramore, Ireland
“Quiet, intimate restaurant with fantastic food and service”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Food was absolute perfection - great choice for a great price. The decor is clean and modern with traditional overtones. Service was impeccable, staff were incredibly friendly. We visited on a quiet midweek night, there were only 3 other tables there. Great atmosphere though! Food was incredible, portion sizes were just right to fill you up. My starter was the crab creme brulee,which was divine - very creamy. Main course, I had the salmon option which was baked to perfection, very tender and full of flavour. Vegetables were served to the whole table, which was nice - the veg was a wonderful mix of baked root vegetables. For dessert I opted for the sticky toffee pudding and was not disappointed! Tasted home made and was absolutely beautiful. Will definitely be returning again!!

• Visited June 2013
Ballincollig, Cork, Ireland
“Nice menu with well cooked food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went back for a second time at the weekend and have to say that they food was as good as ever. Prices are very reasonable and the quality of the food is top notch. Would recommend it to anyone

• Visited July 2013