“Great local restaurant”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Had an enjoyable evening here at Halloween - with additional drinks, cocktails and digestif all offered as free extras. Food was great - when they say something is hot (spicey), they mean it. Attentive service. Staff were all dressed up - fun! Would benefit from a more extensive wine list.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've eaten here a few times and have ordered many take-aways since my last review and this place keeps getting better.

I usually go for the tom yam g’ung soup for starters, thai red curry or pad thai for mains - delicious every time. Even though I love spicy food I normally go with the mild option for their curries as this has enough of a kick for me. Any of the deserts I've tried have also been very good.

As with any restaurant there are one or two dishes which I'm not a huge fan of. The spring rolls can be hit and miss. I'm not hugely keen on the meat sung starter either. But anything else I've tried has been delicious - masaman curry, satay chicken, prawn toast, ribs - all great.

It has to be mentioned, this restaurant offers superb value for the quality of the food. At approx 11-13 euro for main dishes (with no major hikes for prawn dishes) - it blows other Thai restaurants out of the water for pure value. Their early bird menu is also a great budget option. The plush setting of the restaurant and great atmosphere gives it an extra boost - feels like you're dining in style but for a fraction of the cost ;)

Service is super friendly - they really go the extra mile to ensure you enjoy your meal. A while back I ordered take-out and there was a bit of a delay with the order. Upon calling them, the guy was super apologetic and offered us a free bottle of wine to make up for the inconvenience.

Looking forward to my next visit!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The last two meals at Banyan have been great, the service is friendly and efficient, food quality and value is amazing and the atmosphere inside makes for a nice place to relax.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Visited the Banyan twice within a week for 2 seperate birthdays and each time we found the food to be excellent, Tiger steak was really nice. The staff were very friendly and efficient and came out and sang happy birthday each time took a few nice photos which they give u as a souvenir. Got a free glass of fizzy wine and Pat the owner came over for a chat as well. The price was very good on the night €35 for a 3 course meal and 3 glasses of wine or 3 bottles of beer. Would definitely recommend

1  Thank Phe11
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

First and foremost I highly recommend this restaurant for the staff and service alone. You are always greeted warmly, the service is always efficient and prompt and a personal interest is always taken into customer satisfaction. I recently attended for a birthday celebration and the host provided our table of 9 with a glass of sparking wine and a lovely toast.

The atmosphere is always enjoyable. On my last visit the host had arranged for a beautiful harp player to play soft background music.

The restaurant is tastefully decorated, located in a large, Victorian style house overlooking the strand and bay.

The menu contains a wide variety of options though I have found the food to be hit and miss, sometimes full of taste and flavor but on one occasion being quite bland. I enjoy the mixed starter but find it to be quite small when compared to other restaurants. My father recently ordered calamari rings at our table and found the rings to be pretty much batter alone which crumbled when bitten but I have visited this restaurant on five or six occasions and this appeared to be an off day as all other visits could not be faulted.

I recently ordered take away for four people and found each dish to be delicious, full of rich flavors and very, very tasty with huge portions. I was also given a free bottle of wine upon collection which was much appreciated.

As a hole, this restaurant is a must visit when in Tramore and the level of excellent service cannot be over emphasized. The options are many and the prices are quite affordable.