“still the same service”

Clancy's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Nightlife in Youghal
More attraction details
Owner description: With an impressive selection of beers, wines, whiskeys and cocktails, Clancy's is among the premier locations for a good night out in East Cork-whether it's to meet up with friends, celebrate a special occasion, enjoy the live music or catch any and all international sporting events on the bar's flat-screen TVs. The beauty of Youghal speaks for itself-where Cork meets Waterford, where the Blackwater meets the Celtic Sea, and where strong traditions meet the present day. There's no better way to take in that beauty than with a walk along the Strand. And while you're down here, call into Clancy's for a bit of refreshment-be it at the bar, in the dining room or in our beer garden.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Have been to clancy's a few times and I understand its new and getting everything right will take time but I have to say on the 6-10-82 we went for dinner as the food is always fab. But the service again let them down have issues before but never said anything as working in Hotel business myself I know training will take time but the waitress bringing out desserts and sauces and stuff still on table from mains but we said this to her and she took it on board but decided to tell her colleague and he took it upon himself so stare down at our table as if he was going to make us feel uncomfortable but I'm afraid this didn't happen as we were right. Also a pint was ordered and we never got it in end as waitress said he forgot to pull it but don't know how as the bar wasn't busy and plus he is a well experienced staff member.

Padraig H, Owner at Clancy's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Hi Marie,

I am sorry about your experience a few weeks ago! I appreciate your nice comment about our food and since you are also familiar with the hospitality business, you do understand that their are sometimes growing pains in opening a new business which I have since rectified. Also, I spoke to the bartender on the evening you were there as he did remember your table. Thank-you for your feedback!

There are newer reviews for Clancy's Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We visited Clancys on a week night, probably towards end of food service time. We asked when we got there if still serving - no hesitation or qualification in saying yes.
We opted for a la carte And were shown to a table at the window.
We decided to have steak and burger - burger has a 20 min warning on it! It was a Wednesday so we asked for what wine was on special that night - very nice it was too!!
While we were waiting for our food, waitress brought over lovely brown bread.
No idea how long food took, but probably was 20 mins. It was well worth the wait. Burger was completely different to what I'd expected, but was absolutely gorgeous. My initial thought was how do I tackle this - it's presented as very tall stack!!! OH's steak was equally well received.
We glutinously ordered desserts - cheesecake and banoffee pie. Yummy, but we were fit to burst by then!! Ordered a brandy to help it on its way. All in all, we were there probably 2.5 hours and had a thoroughly relaxed and enjoyable night. Service is a well balanced mix of leaving you to enjoy your food and be there if needed - it works!!

We've been there for drinks since it opened, this was our first time for food. My initial reaction was the menu seemed expensive, and we had waited for holidays to try it. My view now is that it's well worth the prices charged!!!

Padraig H, Owner at Clancy's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank-you so much for your great review, we are glad you liked the food so much and thank-you for taking the time to come and share your experience with Trip Advisor, we really appreciate it!!!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Called into Clancy's whilst on Business on Tuesday, just for lunch, had the most luscious Seafood Chowder whilst my wife had the Chicken Caesar Salad. If was obvious from the quality it was made fresh and to order.

Then on Wednesday, we were still in Yougal on business so we decided to try Clancy's again, this time I had the Open Smoked Salmon Sandwich, whilst my wife opted for the traditional Cottage pie. My wife commented that it reminded her of her mothers Cottage Pie.

Look forward to eating there again on our next visit.

Thanks Guys!

Hi Andy,

Thank-you very much for your kind review and for coming to visit us twice on your stay here in Youghal! I really appreciate it and look forward to your return....

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and i went there 3 times during the summer since it relaunched and were impressed with the no expense spared finish to the whole building but sadly thats the best it got.
The staff have no experience and even less interest in serving there customers , On 2 occasions when the place was nearly deserted it took over 20 minutes to be served 2 cups of coffee by waiting staff that seemed to be aimlessly wandering around and chatting amongst themselves.

On a Wednesday night with 8 customers in the bar it took 12 minutes from the time of ordering a pint of Budweiser plus 1 coke to be given the drinks, The staff seem to have absolutely no experience in bar work and even less interest
We were going to have a family meal for 5 there one evening but decided on past experiences to go somewhere else and we would reccomend that unless you are willing to wait 20 minutes for a coffee when there are only 4 customers in the whole building to avoid the place completely.

1  Thank kenrickfamily
Padraig H, Owner at Clancy's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Hi Mr. Kenrick & Family,

I am responding to you regarding your experience at Clancy's a few weeks ago. I remember you and your family clearly and I was the person who personally remade your Latte's which I obviously did not charge you for! I apologized profusely and spoke to you in length about the fact that we are a new and large establishment and that we are working as hard as we can for good customer service. In relation to our lattes, coffees etc. we were finding that they were not always prompt so we actually changed our machines about 10 days ago to rectify the situation as going from one side of the Bar out to the Beer Garden particularly when extremely busy was not practical. I appreciate that when you were there it was slower and this should have not been the case and with the 'New Machine', this has not only made execution to the table faster but kept the drinks warmer. We are working continuously on customer service which has taken us a while as with previous establishments I have owned, this is my one area that I strive to get right.. I thank-you for your time and your review!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Clancy's bar was recently opened and provides a new and very welcome attraction to Youghal. No expense was spared in renovating the premises to a superb standard. It boasts a mouth-watering array of drinks to include cocktails.The decor based on a funky railway theme is unusual and the cleanliness/hygeine is 5 Star. A limited menu is currently available but this is changing in the very near future to a full daily menu. A very friendly proprietor and staff ensure that your experience in this fantastic bar will be a pleasant one. There is a substantial outside seated area also where on a nice day one can indulge themselves sipping a drink overlooking the wonderful sea views. What a wonderful addition to this lovely seaside town.-Full marks to new proprietor Paraic,manager James and staff.

4  Thank deciesman
Padraig H, Owner at Clancy's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank-you very much for your kind review and taking the time out to write such nice words about Clancy's. We hope to see you again...