“Food was delicious”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Youghal
Cork, Ireland
“Food was delicious”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We visited Youghal in July 2013. We didn't stay here but ended up having dinner here one night. The dinner was gorgeous. Couldn't fault it. I'm a vegetarian and they had plenty of options for me. The service left a little to be desired, we had to ask for some things more that once but the food was delicious.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deirdre F
Mark G, Owner at The Old Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Deirdre F
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit with ourselves. I am glad that you enjoyed your meal and felt you had enough options. I am however sorry your service was not up to scratch. This certainly is not what we want of anyone's dining experience. We are currently focussing a lot more on service and that would include even myself, as we all can learn from what our customers tell us.
Kindest regards
Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Inverkeithing, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2014

this hotel was spot on,,everything you needed was in the room,,,staff made you feel very welcome they were 1st class ,terrific views over the bay,,,parking was right outside the front door,,a 2 min walk takes you into the town ,,it

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights ( 4 days ) at The Old Imperial Hotel in Youghal, Co Cork. with family & friends for my Wifes 50th Birthday on April 4th.
I have stayed in many beautiful hotels & locations all over the World but I can honestly say I have never been made to feel as welcome as we all were at this hotel. From the moment I sent my 1st e-mail enquiring about availability, everyone I had contact with were so helpful & prompt in getting back to me & helping me with other arrangements other than those of the hotel, ie Airport transfers, ordering flowers for my Wife etc. But from the moment we arrived till leaving to go home, all the staff, with no exceptions, made us feel so welcome and couldnt do enough to make our stay with them so special, my Wife will always remember her birthday with great memories.The rooms were lovely, ALL the food was amazing, as was Mark Goldens kindness in all he did for us, a top,top guy. I would also like to give a special thanks to Erin, she was a great help & a lovely girl X.
I thought I would only go to this part of the world for this celebration as there are so many places I want to see, but I will make a point of going back to see all the wonderful people we met at The Old Imperial. I honestly can not fault any part of our stay, everyone of our party said exactly the same. Heartfelt thanks again to Mark, Erin, Phyl & each and everyone of the staff we met ( & I hope Erin has recovered from the Hen Night )

Room Tip: As we were there for my Wifes 50th Birthday, we were kindly given one of the "Suite " room...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dean S
Mark G, Owner at The Old Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Dean S
Thank you for your uplifting review of your stay with ourselves. It brings all of us, tremendous satisfaction that we managed to make your group feel special over the weekend. I can speak for everyone who works here at the hotel, and say it was our pleasure to have taken care of you folks for the weekend. We hope to see you again should you be in the area.
Heartfelt thanks
cork
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Had my 50th birthday dinner there last night with my family great food great service as always my boys love the food one the ribs the other the chocolate torte thanks a lot will be there a lot over summer

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear george p
Thank you very much for your kind review. We're glad that you had an enjoyable birthday with ourselves and we look forward to looking after all of you you again soon.
Kind regards
Cork
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Went on a day trip to Youghal today (26th March, 2014) as weather was lovely and sunny.

Having had a long walk on the beach we were looking forward to
finding a nice place to eat.

We discovered the The Coachhouse Bistro at the Old Imperial Hotel, located on the main street.

Staff were friendly and efficient.

The service was excellent. We had just sat down when a nice friendly
waitress came over with menus and took our order within minutes.

There was a great variety of food and we opted to have paninis, a great
choice, The presentation was great and they were served with salad and the most divine wedges we ever tasted. As we were eating the waitress asked if everything was ok and everything was absolutely brilliant. I think it is a great sign of an establishment when the waitress checks if things are ok for you while eating rather than when you are finished!

There was a lovely atmosphere here. It seems a lot of locals dine here too which is usually a very good sign.

A nice outdoor area was in use too. There was plenty of parking to the rear of the hotel.

I would highly recommend this establishment for dining.

A great experience and will be returning again soon.

Can't comment on sleep quality , rooms or other facilities as we didn't stay here. We were just on a day trip to Youghal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Corkmist
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the coachouse. We all appreciate the kind words especially the kitchen team who are the unseen backbone of the business. Our policy has always been to check on our guests whilst they are here because its the only way to make sure standards don't slip and if there is anything we can improve. We hope to see you again in the future.
Warm wishes
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Had an enjoyable night here recently. Location is great, right on main street, above lovely bar and right next to bus stop. The welcome was warm and genuine, yet professional. The lobby and corridors were clean, modern and fresh and the whole hotel was obviously looked after well.
Bedroom was a standard size but was clean and modern with powerful shower and flatscreen TV on the wall. Choice of channels was a little limited however. It was also very warm with no sign of air-conditioning but there were two big windows that we opened for some fresh air.
The biggest asset we found this hotel had however was the girl who seemed to live on the desk - Anna. She really went above and beyond our expectations to find a present that we had mislaid in the room, running up and down the stairs and following us up the street to say she had found it.
If we do return to Youghal we will definitely be looking to stay at this hotel and maybe even have breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear dr0ginexile
Thank you for your review of your stay with ourselves. We appreciate the kind words and thank you for mentioning Anna by name, she is indeed an asset to have, and does her utmost at all times to ensure our guests are well looked after. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future should you be in the area.
Kind regards
Milford, Ohio
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We weren't sure what this hotel was going to be like with it being in the middle of town on the Main Street. It turns out, we had a very pleasant overnight stay. Our room was comfortable and looked out the back of the hotel with a view of the old town wall and tower. After walking around town looking for a good place to eat, we wound up back at the hotel and the staff was able to squeeze us in at the last minute (they normally require reservations, with it being a Friday night).

Our meals were very good. I had the Supreme of Irish Chicken with Wild Mushroom sauce, which was to die for, and my husband had the Sirloin Steak. Service was pleasant and the wait for food was reasonable. The proprietor was there in the evening and again at breakfast, and we had a very pleasant conversation with him

Our room had a comfortable king sized bed and the room was nice once we got the situation with the radiator sorted out. The staff was very apologetic, but it wasn't a huge deal (just cold until we got it turned on correctly). Shower had good pressure and decent temperature.

All in all, I'd return for a stay. It was nice to be able to just walk around town, visit the pubs, and walk back to the hotel. The only negative of this hotel is there is no lift, so plan accordingly with the luggage. Thankfully, we were only 1 floor up.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark G, Owner at The Old Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear vmalott
Thank you for your detailed review which we appreciate. I do indeed remember speaking with both of you after breakfast and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in the country, and am glad that Anna sorted your radiator issue promptly. The building unfortunately at the does not have a lift but any of the lads on duty are happy to assist with luggage and do so frequently.
We would be delighted to have you stay again should you be in the area in the future.
Warm wishes
Proprietor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Youghal
Walter Raleigh Hotel
Castlemartyr Resort
Castlemartyr Resort
#1 of 2 in Castlemartyr
Park Hotel & Leisure Centre

Been to The Old Imperial Hotel? Share your experiences!