“Yum”

The Old Imperial Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Youghal
Reviewed February 17, 2013

First impressions: Old pub. Didnt know what to make of it.
Food arrived and I was WOWed.
There is no need to go into so much detail cos in short its amazing. Check it out if you are in Youghal and if your not down there make it your business to go there. What an experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark G, Owner at The Old Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear NickyCoyne
Thank you for your very positive words, they are appreciated greatly. We look forward to seeing you again if you are in the area.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I'm from Youghal so have only eaten here but to reiterate what many have said before me regards the food - it's gorgeous. I had lunch here yesterday with my father as we work near by and call in the odd time for food. I had the steak baguette sandwich and he had the sausages and mash. There was nothing to fault, servings were massive - I've yet to finish a meal in here but there's nothing worse then a small helping of food.

My steak was cooked exactly how I wanted it (rare), the twice cooked chips were huge and tasty, the home made onion rings are probably the nicest I've ever eaten and the homemade pepper sauce is also beautiful. My father loved his mash & sausage aswell, which was accompanied by gravy which was full of flavour.

Staff are attentative, atmosphere is always good in there and the place is always busy which is great to see. Top Marks to the lads!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PEJACorkcity

Dear PEJACorkcity
Thank you for your very uplifting words. They make the hard work worthwhile and its nice for the kitchen team to get a boost as they slog away behind the scenes.
Thank you gain for rating the whole package here, we are in your debt.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Looked up this hotel on my smartphone and booked at short notice, as I had a change in travel plan. A most pleasant stay fro start to finish. Very friendly and helpful staff, spotless and spacious room and lovely breakfast. What more can one ask for!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank peterk45

Dear peterK45
Thank you for your very kind words. We are glad to have made a short notice stay worthwhile and hope to host you again in the future should you be in the area.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

When I was home for the holidays I think I put on about two stone in weight just from eating here alone!
The food, service and warm inviting staff are second to none at The old Imperial Hotel.
The first night I had the imperial burger which was definitely 9 out of 10 (couldn't finish it)! The second night I had the Monkfish.... 10 out of 10 DELICIOUS! I will definitely be having that again! I’m not normally a fan of mushrooms but I had the vegetarian lasagne again 10 out of 10 so good.
The location of the Hotel is ideal, bang smack in the middle of town with Parking. Great if you’re meeting friends for coffee and a piece of apple pie or a bowl of hearty soup on a cold winter day. I love the front bar by the fire (also great for people watching and meeting the locals)
Value for money is another bonus. You would easily get a beautiful evening meal for two with a nice bottle malbec for under 60e
All round a very satisfied customer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mbreathnach82

Dear Mbreathnach82
Thank you for your exuberant review of the hotel. The kitchen team greatly appreciate the kind words. Good food at an affordable price has always been our motto here at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel was perfectly placed in the middle of the town.
The Bar served good drinks and the food was delicious.
The room was very comfortable and the stafff were very friendly.
We were in the town for a friends party and all 10 of us said we would return.

Room Tip: If you intend to stay in Youghal, This must be the place
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank DaithiB

Dear DaithiB
Thank you for your very kind words. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It makes the hard work by the whole team worthwhile.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I very rarely write reviews but having stayed at The Old Imperial just knew I had to write one this time. I took my mum to Youghal (where my daughter and family now live) because my mum and dad had planned to stay at the hotel in October, but sadly my dad died in August. Although my mum was not sure she still wanted to do this, the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the hotel soon pulled her round and she had a great time (as indeed did I). The food was excellent, the quality of the rooms superb and as said earlier the staff were lovely. Mark and staff, a great big thank you to you all for helping me bring my mum back to the land of the living - we will be back

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa M
Mark G, Owner at The Old Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Lisa M
Thank you for your very kind review. It was a pleasure having both you and your mother stay with us and it is touching to know that we made her feel special. The whole team enjoyed having you here with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Kind wishes

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Myself and my daughter are just back from a 4 night stay here, I could not fault this wonderful hotel. The staff were second to none and the food was fantastic. Our room was spotless and warm and very comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel and will most certainly be returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Antonia C
Mark G, Owner at The Old Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Antonia C
Thank you very much for your pleasant review which is appreciated by all. It was our pleasure having the both of you here with us and I am extremely glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward hopefully to having you stay with us again sometime.
Warm wishes
Proprietor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Youghal
Walter Raleigh Hotel
#1 of 2 in Ardmore
Quality Hotel & Leisure Center Youghal
Park Hotel & Leisure Centre
Bella Vista Hotel & Self Catering Suites

Been to The Old Imperial Hotel? Share your experiences!