“Excellent Service & Staff”

The Old Imperial Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Youghal
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Hi there,

We booked the Old Imperial Hotel for the afternoon for a Communion Dinner late May'11. I need to compliment the entire team at the Old Imperial Hotel, it was a great afternoon. The restaurant, the atmosphere, the staff and most of all the food - Excellent! Due to my job, I am traveling quite a bit and have seen many hotels. Well, the Old Imperial Hotel is on my list to recommend to others.

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,
Dan

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank donal_buistear

Reviewed June 11, 2011

The Old Imperial was a lovely stay - our room was spacious and clean. The staff were terrific and very welcoming.The old bar at the front of the hotel had loads of atmosphere and the food served was excellent - delicious fresh sea food.
The hotel rooms have been recently renovated and there is a spacious car park at the rear of the hotel.
Youghal is a great place to visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Collectandtravel
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed at this hotel which has a bar/restaurant downstairs. It was very nice, clean, had large rooms right on the main street. The surprise of the place was that the chef is actually quite good and we enjoyed a very nice dinner in the Coach House downstairs. We were able to negotiate a lesser price for the B&B because it was not high season. A lovely seaside town.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 4away94
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay in the Old Imperial. This is a small family run hotel which I prefer. I often travel alone and would not use a swimming pool or spa so this was an ideal choice for me. The location is great, right in the middle of town and parking is provided. The staff are without exception friendly and helpful. I had lunch there which was delicious and breakfast was good too. There was a certain amount of street noise. However this is to be expected and the price to be paid for staying in the town. My room was at the back and had no view but as I had asked for a quiet room and got one I can hardly complain. I would happily return to the Old Imperial and Youghal.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank mollym1962
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Stayed at The Old Imperial for two nights this weekend. Would highly recommend it. Staff were great , could'nt do enough to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Rooms spacious and spotless and great breakfast , will definately be returning to the Old Imperial again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank EugeneDrogheda
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I stayed here last weekend, I hadn't stayed in Youghal in years and came across The Old Imperial via a Google search. I suspected some of the reviews on here may have been written by "friends" of the hotel but because of it's location in the centre of town I took a leap of faith and I must say I'm glad I did. We stayed in The Bianconi Suite, now Suite may be stretching it a little, but the room was a good size spotlessly clean and had a large,very comfortable bed.It was at the back of the hotel,so very quiet and was bathed in sunlight most of the day so was very bright. The only thing that slightly lrt the room down was the old style TV. Now I don't stay in a hotel to watch TV,but purely from an aesthetic point of view the room would benefit from a flatscreen TV which are now ,of course,cheap as chips.This hotel is almost a bar with rooms ,but don't let that put you off,this bar serves some of the best barfood I've ever had,served by very pleasant waiting staff.The quality was top notch and whoever runs the kitchen deserves huge credit,as well as an extensive a la carte, there is a liong list of specials served daily. Breakfast seems a bit of an afterthought, however, served,as it is, in a little side room upstairs. Happily it is freshly cooked which is almost a bonus nowadays.Breakfast location apart, this was an excellent stay, in a charming establishment,that I will happily return to.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Environmentfriend
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay here and have given it top marks for the category it is in. The staff were friendly, the room was spacious and clean and the Coach Bar is filled with character. I slept well and it was cantral. I look forward to going back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Youghal
Walter Raleigh Hotel
#1 of 1 in Garryvoe
Castlemartyr Resort
Castlemartyr Resort
#1 of 2 in Castlemartyr

Been to The Old Imperial Hotel? Share your experiences!