“Family Booking”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Youghal
Edenderry
“Family Booking”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

What a wonderful Hotel, we stayed as a family of 4 in a family room the size of which was more than expected. We dined in the bar and were so surprised as to the high standard and presentation of the food, not to forget the value also. The staff were more that helpful and were most friendly indeed. I have stayed in quite a few Hotels and would say without hesitation that their breakfast is outstanding! We will definitely return and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Martin M
Offaly

Room Tip: The rooms that overlook the Bay at the front of the Hotel are very good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
BarbaraWRH, Manager at Walter Raleigh Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Martin,

I was so pleased to read your review and am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are a small close knit team here and our main emphasis is on providing a warm welcome combined with friendly skilled service and good food, in a clean environment. I am so glad that you acknowledged and appreciated this and that we contributed to making your break away truly enjoyable.

We look forward to your next stay with us; next time an extra large breakfast is guaranteed!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Dublin
Reviewed April 19, 2012

The experience I had with the girl who answered the phone and subsequently the "Manager" was so shocking I am in disbelief that it happened at all. Having made a phone call the day previous to check availability for the following weekend it was confirmed that there would be a room available, I went ahead and bought an offer that was available on the living social website. I rang again the following day to make my reservation for the same weekend that had previously been discussed, only to be told that there was no availability. I explained my situation and my reasoning for the phone call the day before and the assurance of the availability to be told "its not my fault I was only here for a few hours yesterday and its not my fault if the rooms were filled when I wasnt here!" I dealt with the same girl on all occassions, including this time. She could not have been less interested, less helpful or less caring, I advised her of this and told her to have a manager call me. She suggested he was not available. I told her I was very dissatisfied and would be taking this further. Within five minutes I had a call from the "manager". His introduction was harsh, defensive and loud. He introduced himself though I missed his name he was speaking so quickly. I thanked him for returning my call so quickly as I had been told he was unavailable, I started to explain my situation: he suggested he had "no interest in hearing what I had to say, he did not need to put up with this level of abuse, that it was my fault that I did not read the terms & conditions" no matter how hard I tried to intervene and ask him to let me speak and listen to the circumstances he continued with the same reasoning, "he did not want to hear from me, I had nothing of interest to tell him, he did not want to know, I was offensive and abusive, I had upset his staff and he did not have to put up with this". I asked his name, he refused to give it. I told him I hold a managerial position in a service industry dealing with the public on a daily basis and if I behaved in such a manner I would expect to loose my job. He suggested "I should not hold such a position". I told him he was a pig and I ended the call. On returning to my desk further down the corridor a work colleague asked me who had been shouting at me down the phone? I have never ever had such an experience. I have spent the day making it my business to read reviews on this hotel and every one of them has been negative. Please dont even contact this hotel and give your business to someone who both wants and deserves it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Jenny A
Joanna H, Director of Sales at Walter Raleigh Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Jenny,
I apologise about the confusion surrounding your room reservation at The Walter Raleigh Hotel & the manner in which your issue was dealt with. Rest assured your comments have been taken very seriously. Further to your conversation with our company CEO I am delighted that you have accepted a complimentary stay in another of the AHS properties as our way of apology.
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed one night recently. It was a really good price for a room only special rate. The girl at reception was very friendly at check in and out. However, we were out late at a function that night and it took ages for someone to answer the door to leave us in to the hotel and even longer for someone to come to reception to give us our key.

We had a room looking out to the park and the beach accross the road which was lovely. The room was basic enough, but clean.
However, the walls must be really thin as we could hear everything from the room next door - even our neighbour blowing their nose or zipping up their luggage - and there was no hope of sleeping in once everyone in the surrounding rooms started having their showers.
Incidentally, our shower was cold.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank bogbear
Also consider these accommodations in or near Youghal
The Old Imperial Hotel
Park Hotel & Leisure Centre
Lawlor's Hotel Dungarvan
Lawlor's Hotel Dungarvan
#3 of 3 in Dungarvan

Been to Walter Raleigh Hotel? Share your experiences!