“Great food, Great prices, Excellent service”

Rivergate Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 31 Restaurants in Youghal
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had the outstanding special offer @ €17.50 for 3 courses here and I can honestly say I will not find better value ANYWHERE. The food was excellent and service was first class. I will be back as soon as I can.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We went Youghal at 1st time few weeks ago, Rivergate Restaurant is excellent, food was very good, we will def go there again

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Happened upon this restaurant by chance.....to be honest coming in from the shopping center side of it you would not think too much of it but I can honestly say it was one of the best meals, service and value for money I've come across in a very long time. They have a special offer of 3 course for €17.50 or 2 courses including a glass of wine or beer for €17.50. Plenty of choice on this menu but the also have an a la carte menu which has a great choice of dishes. Our waiter was outstanding, so accommodating (we had 2 young kids with us), very friendly. We had a variety of dishes between us, both my husband and I had the steak....it was cooked to perfection. The deserts were scrummy. There is a lovely covered in deck area overlooking the bay where you can also eat. We were so impressed with our meal we returned the next night which sadly was the last night of our holidays.The waiter remembered us and also remember how we liked our steaks cooked :-) I would highly recommend this restaurant for friendliness, value for money and overall great food.

1  Thank CJLV
Reviewed June 9, 2013

visited with friends for tea and scones. Cracked cup and saucer given for tea, coffee cup clean but smelly like it was washed in dirty water. Scone wasn't fresh. Staff were slow and uninterested in looking after customers. surprised to see good reviews on trip advisor - maybe it has changed owners since those reviews or staff... but its definitely in need of some attention to detail!!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stumbled in here by accident as we got hungry during a phototour that day.
We didn't want to spend too much money and have some easy meal. I had Catch of the day with herb Crust and dill sauce -as per card mashed potatoes and veg. A drink and a cappuccino for dessert, my spouse had fish and chips drink and also cappuccino.
We have been surprised about the quality of the food.
The fish was fresh and cooked perfectly the herbcrust was very nice and the dill sauce was brilliant , i asked to get mashed potatoes swapped for chips that was no problem at all, no extracharge, and the chips have been very good.

We both have been perfectly happy with our meals and we eill definetely come back
we paid a tenner each for our meals plus a bit for the drinks and coffe and stayed under 30 Euro for two !
we seen they have offers for special occasions and we dont know about reservation options