“Enjoyed dinner at this cute and cosy restaurant”
Review of Luigi's Cafe & Pizzeria - CLOSED

Luigi's Cafe & Pizzeria
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Luigi's is located beside Youghal's famous Clock Gate Tower, housed in a 400 years old building that offers a great atmosphere & genuine food freshly prepared. It is a gathering place for locals, visitors and sea goers who seek warmth, shelter, food and fellowship a retreat from the saltwater chill or for a moment al fresco overlooking the bay.The bakery is a stone's throw away from the restaurant, Irish & Continental breads are freshly baked every day together with cakes, scones and hand made stone baked pizzas made using the finest ingredients and the unique Italian know how. Juicy olives, sweet dry cherry tomatoes, artisan cheeses and delicious pizza slices are available from our deli fridge. We also offer a take away menu that brings the best of the Restaurant & Bakery for you to enjoy at home with your family or friends, all our food is prepared by order. Vegetarian and gluten free dishes are available upon request. If you fancy something different for your next birthday party, family reunion or Sunday lunch call us our services are unique and affordable take a rest and let us take care of it.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Tucked away near the city tower is Luigi's restaurant. It offers a typical village restaurant environment and good food

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I went to Luigi's restaurant for dinner last night with my family for my sister's birthday. I couldn't believe that all our meals were cooked from fresh ingredients, I know this, as the kitchen is open to the whole restaurant, enabling us to see everything in the kitchen, which I love about it. The food was so amazing we barley spoke to each other!!ha ha. You can really taste the freshness in the Lasagne which is what I had, It was so good, safe to say the nicest I have tasted, we were so full and still had plenty left, they even wrapped up what we couldn't finish and insisted we take it home. The staff were so friendly, and patient with our requests. I also loved the whole ambiance of this restaurant. If you are in visiting this town, dropping into Luigi's is a must...

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Went here for lunch last summer. had a pizza and chips. pizza was nice, good ingredients. chips were fine. however the table i was seated at wasn't wiped from the last occupants and even when i was seated the young waiter did not offer to wipe it. I didn't like the glasses that they used. some sort of bizarre homemade glass with a very sharp edge. the price was around the €20 mark for a pizza, chips and a drink. nice food but wasn't overly impressed with the whole experience

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have been in Youghal area over month now and have been so impressed with the most authentic and delicious cuisine even excelling my favourites in Rome and Venice.From start to finish we noted the attention to detail and the mouth watering dishes placed in front of us and the tasting of them an experience to be enjoyed more and often.The wine and cappucinos superb too .

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying the food was very good... But....

Maybe it was because we were walk-ins, maybe because we were early and the only ones there, maybe because it was new waitress? Whatever it was, it didn't quite live up to expectations.

I have been looking at this place for about 3 years when visiting Youghal and always planned to visit but never managed it. So I was happy when the stars aligned and we got a table on Saturday evening.

We ordered from the menu, which is all pretty good value, only to see 10 minutes later a Specials Board with some gorgeous looking options on it that the waitress never mentioned. It was too late to change. She asked us did we want big or small glasses of house wine, we said 'big'. They weren't 'big'! You're better off buying a bottle!

The food itself...
The kids pizzas were gorgeous and they were happy.

My antipasti was really tasty but not exactly presented with flair, which I do understand is a feature of the 'genuine' Italian fare here.

The baked cod was fantastic but the side order of potatoes was tiny, about 7 small cubes, compared to portions of chips which were massive!

The arrabiata was tasty and spicy.

I noticed they have an €11 lunch menu which sounds like great value.

I would rather visit again on a buzzing and warm Saturday night and I think the experience might be different.

It is worth a visit for good, authentic Italian food.