“Had breakfast at Luigi's Cafe” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luigi's Cafe & Pizzeria - CLOSED

Luigi's Cafe & Pizzeria
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Luigi's is located beside Youghal's famous Clock Gate Tower, housed in a 400 years old building that offers a great atmosphere & genuine food freshly prepared. It is a gathering place for locals, visitors and sea goers who seek warmth, shelter, food and fellowship a retreat from the saltwater chill or for a moment al fresco overlooking the bay.The bakery is a stone's throw away from the restaurant, Irish & Continental breads are freshly baked every day together with cakes, scones and hand made stone baked pizzas made using the finest ingredients and the unique Italian know how. Juicy olives, sweet dry cherry tomatoes, artisan cheeses and delicious pizza slices are available from our deli fridge. We also offer a take away menu that brings the best of the Restaurant & Bakery for you to enjoy at home with your family or friends, all our food is prepared by order. Vegetarian and gluten free dishes are available upon request. If you fancy something different for your next birthday party, family reunion or Sunday lunch call us our services are unique and affordable take a rest and let us take care of it.
“Had breakfast at Luigi's Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We were stopping for petrol in Youghal and stopped at the tourist office. We asked for a place to eat were told about Luigi's. the breakfast was fantastic and the service was excellent. Luigi is a very personable and hard working person. We loved the decor and the people we met there made the experience wonderful!!

Visited May 2013

“The luckiest find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We just happened to stop in Youghal by accident rather than intention when we decided to find a brunch stop. Luigi's was a little hidden although not exactly off the beaten track and we had been recommended to try it by the local tourist office. So glad we did. Although reasonably early on a Sunday morning we were the first group in along with a solo diner but the place started to fill gradually. Wonderful atmosphere and Luigi is a brilliant chef who really cares about his customers. Coffee refills aplenty and breakfast customised to how you would like them. It's just a shame that we only had time for the one meal but I would definitely make the effort to go back if I ever find myself nearby. Luigi prepares the most amazing fried potatoes which taste as good as they look. Nothing was run of the mill here. Definitely give this place a try. I may move to Youghal!

Limerick, Ireland
“what a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I and our 2 young daughters ate here last Saturday night while on a weekend away in youghal. It was such a lovely dining experience. I had the aubergine and parmasan bake for starter which was lovely and my 4 year old also loved it. My husband had the peppers and goats cheese which was also gorgeous. We both went for the meat balls for main course. Often this can be a disaster with big horrible beef meatballs been served but at luigis we had the tastiest meatballs ever. Delicate flavour and I presume a mix if pork and beef in a tomatoe sauce with lovely spaghetti. We also had a lovely Chianti served in a carafe and we noticed every carafe was different which was a lovely touch. Our children were made feel very welcome with a separate childrens menu , childrens cutlery and ice cream. The chef/ waiter who I presume is also the owner was extremely friendly and attentive and obviously has a passion for food . I enjoyed youghal very much and when I return I will be definitely making my reservation at luigis again

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We love Luigi's!

The best seafood chowder ever... Fresh fresh fresh!!!! I only wish we had more time to sample more of the menu.

So refreshing to find a place passionate about using only local produce.
We are seriously considering changing our travel plans to eat here again before leaving Ireland.

Thanks Luigi we really enjoyed chatting with you.

Cork
“Always the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

The best homemade Italian food.
I go with my Italians friends to Luigi`s and we guarantee that is the best Italian restaurant in Cork and in Ireland,
The food is very good and original, the restaurant is a perfect reconstruction of a real Italian trattoria and if you want a Great Dining Experience this is perfect for you, for your family and for your friends.