“Luigi's Youghal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Luigi's Cafe & Pizzeria - CLOSED

Luigi's Cafe & Pizzeria
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Luigi's is located beside Youghal's famous Clock Gate Tower, housed in a 400 years old building that offers a great atmosphere & genuine food freshly prepared. It is a gathering place for locals, visitors and sea goers who seek warmth, shelter, food and fellowship a retreat from the saltwater chill or for a moment al fresco overlooking the bay.The bakery is a stone's throw away from the restaurant, Irish & Continental breads are freshly baked every day together with cakes, scones and hand made stone baked pizzas made using the finest ingredients and the unique Italian know how. Juicy olives, sweet dry cherry tomatoes, artisan cheeses and delicious pizza slices are available from our deli fridge. We also offer a take away menu that brings the best of the Restaurant & Bakery for you to enjoy at home with your family or friends, all our food is prepared by order. Vegetarian and gluten free dishes are available upon request. If you fancy something different for your next birthday party, family reunion or Sunday lunch call us our services are unique and affordable take a rest and let us take care of it.
Youghal
“Luigi's Youghal”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very good food. Not Expensive. Does an Excellent steak. Quaint little spot. Staff very friendly. Great atmosphere. You can bring your own wine and there is no corkage charge.

Visited March 2013

Budapest, Hungary
“a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went to youghal at the end of a long trip in the south of Ireland, so I ate in a lot of places, but I never found a place as luigi's, with its beautiful food, atmosphere and service. I'm Hungarian, but I love italian food so much. In this little restaurant I ate tipical italian teste that you can find only in Italy, not everywhere. It was a realy pleasant surprise, if I come back to Ireland I'll go again in Luigi's: tuto molto buono, grazia Luigi!

• Visited January 2013
CORK
“A touch of Italy in Youghal”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

It's the only restaurant in the whole County which make me feel like being back home(i'm Italian)...the service is super nice and the food is terrific!

• Visited February 2013
Avignon, France
“Finally a place where fresh fish tastes delicious and is affordable”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We went there while on visit in Cork with some Italian friends, and the 40km we well worthy. Gigi knows how to treat his customers, and offers the best fish I ever tasted in Ireland. The antipasti were all delicious, the fish was a fresh as possible,( and not overloaded with butter and cream). My friends also said that the meat was tender and delicious and the rustic potatoes were perfect. My peppermint tea was made of real mint, not with a sachet, and you don't get to see this often, even in really good restaurant. Finally, we were offered some delicious italian liqueurs, all this at a more than reasonnable price. We'll be back :)

• Visited January 2013
“Authentic Italian food at its best”
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I had my birthday dinner here with my family on the 12th jan, I couldn't have chosen a better spot, the relaxed atmosphere & the friendliness of staff made my night, not to mention the fresh & tasty organic food, you can taste the passion Luigi has for food in every bite & at a great price too.
Thanks to Luigi & staff, see you again soon.