“just awesome”
Review of Luigi's Cafe & Pizzeria - CLOSED

Luigi's Cafe & Pizzeria
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Luigi's is located beside Youghal's famous Clock Gate Tower, housed in a 400 years old building that offers a great atmosphere & genuine food freshly prepared. It is a gathering place for locals, visitors and sea goers who seek warmth, shelter, food and fellowship a retreat from the saltwater chill or for a moment al fresco overlooking the bay.The bakery is a stone's throw away from the restaurant, Irish & Continental breads are freshly baked every day together with cakes, scones and hand made stone baked pizzas made using the finest ingredients and the unique Italian know how. Juicy olives, sweet dry cherry tomatoes, artisan cheeses and delicious pizza slices are available from our deli fridge. We also offer a take away menu that brings the best of the Restaurant & Bakery for you to enjoy at home with your family or friends, all our food is prepared by order. Vegetarian and gluten free dishes are available upon request. If you fancy something different for your next birthday party, family reunion or Sunday lunch call us our services are unique and affordable take a rest and let us take care of it.
Cork
“just awesome”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was there with my boyfriend for the first time as we headed to Youghal for a different Sunday by the sea. I was impressed by the cozy athmospere and the friendly greetings we received.
the food is excellent, the service is just the best we could ask for. I loved the "can do" attitude for which the menu can always vary depending on your needs and desire.
we had so many starters, all food was seerved in small plates where you can taste different flavours from the finest seafood salad to focaccia tipycal italian plate made with pizza's paste). we also had bruschettas, black mussels au gratin, buffalo mozzarellas and many more.
We then ordered 2 pasta's dishes, a seafood risotto and spaghetti and seafood which were just great. we were completely full, however we still decided to shared a second course, a mackarel with prawns and a fish cake. it was all fresh and really good. in addition we chose a bottle of good wine and we had coffee and an hanmade digestive liquor. all this for a very good value for money.
I love the place, the mix between relaxing friendly atmosphere and the quality of food is unbeatable.
It is ideally located underneath the clock tower, the place has access to the clock tower square with harbor view which beautifully completed our experience.
Strongly recommended, you'll never regret it. I can't wait to go back!!

• Visited October 2012

County Cork, Ireland
“Wholesome food, warmhearted people, homey ambience.”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've been to 'Luigi's' several times since he opened and it's always been a treat! The food is always bursting with flavour because he works with what's in season. I'm usually adventurous and go for one of his daily specials; I'm yet to be disappointed. And I just love the set-up there; it's an adorable little place to have an intimate, relaxing meal, or even just sip away on a latté as you watch people rush to and fro outside. But what I find most heart-warming about the place is the feeling that Luigi and his staff really do want to make you smile. This little gem is always my first port of call when I'm in Youghal.

• Visited September 2012
luigicam, Owner at Luigi's Cafe & Pizzeria, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Nollaig1984 thanks for the positive review we try to do our best to make our customers feel home and relaxed I m happy you a good time thank you

Cork
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was busy during the lunchtime that we dined here. Staff were not pleasant and seemed to have difficulty fulfilling simple requests. My tomato and ham sandwich arrived with cheese despite having asked for the cheese to be left out, and without the ham!!! The soup eventually appeared and was excellent. Coffee eventually appeared and was passable. Other reviewers seem to think it's a good place to eat. Maybe they were having an off day, but are 'off days' acceptable in this kind of business? I wasn't paying for the lunch, but if I was, I would have complained. My host was somewhat embarrassed and said that it would be a long time before they'd go back there.

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank Powerpix
luigicam, Owner at Luigi's Cafe & Pizzeria, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear powerpix I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience in our premises, I remember the occasion you were a guest in a table of 16 people booked for lunch at 1o'clock in the occasion of the Youghal Historical Week. Now I don t want go too technical but saturday's lunches in Luigi's are very very busy and dealing at that time with a table of 16 people is not easy thing. Since I'm manager, chef and owner of Luigi's I personally follow every order and I can ensure you that we dealt with that table the best we could considering the busy time. I'm kind confused by your opinion since your valuation is based on a single particular occasion also don't understand why you never expressed your concern during the occasion, there is over 90 dishes in our menu and I'm sure you would find something that will please your palate also spoke with your host this morning and he said he will be more than happy to take you in our restaurant so you can give us another chance.

Grazie

Limerick, Ireland
“Authentic, honest food! Love it!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

When I first saw Luigi's on Tripadvisor, I thought it was a run-of-the-mill chipper. How wrong I was! Those glowing reviews are so well-deserved! It was an absolute pleasure to eat in this charming, warm and quirky trattoria. The food is to die for! One would come out of this place feeling happy. I would highly recommend this place! Between a friend and myself, we had some excellent seafood chowder, mix seafood antipasti, rib-eye steak with wild mushrooms, and one of the specials of the day: wild lobster with angel hair pasta. Nearly went weak at the knees when I saw the size of the lobster! It was huge, meaty and delicious! Prices are incredibly reasonable too, for instance the rib-eye steak was about €16 and the wild lobster was €19. Unheard of in this day and age really.

Luigi is passionate about Youghal, about sourcing fresh local produce and fresh catch of the day. His love and passion for food shines through in his dishes: the subtle hint of marsala wine in the wild mushrooms... the slight kick of chilli in the lobster dish...the light flavoursome brothy texture of the seafood chowder. Everything is cooked to perfection, seasoned and flavoured just right. Nothing fanciful or too contrived, just excellent, honest food! Eating here makes me wish I live in Youghal. Ah well, I will just have to come down to Youghal more often so, so that I can feast on some yummy food in Luigi's :) :) :)

P.s Luigi's has a bakery few steps away from this trattoria. Try their spelt bread and brown bread. I absolutely loathe brown bread, but Luigi's brown bread is something special.

• Visited October 2012
“Hidden gem!! Only good food for 10 miles is here!!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

What a find! Luigis is the only place you can get great food for miles. Everything was fresh and delicious and at a great price. I will definitely be going back. Avoid all other restaurants in Youghal because everywhere we went it was deep fried, frozen rubbish!

luigicam, Owner at Luigi's Cafe & Pizzeria, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Milliemousie thanks for the enthusiastic review I'm glad you had a good time in our place and fully enjoyed our dishes.

Grazie