“a little bit of italy”
Review of Capri Bay La Trattoria - CLOSED

Capri Bay La Trattoria
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Irish Time 01.08.2009, Business and Finanse 03.2009, APIS Authentic Italian Food and Pizza 2010, open: monday to saturday 11am-3pm 5pm-end of day sunday 12am-end of day
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We dined here on Easter Sunday during a 4 night stay in Youghal. We had 2 adults and 4 kids and had quite an early reservation. The restaurant had a lovely decore, was not too bright, nor too packed with tables. We were given plenty of time to peruse the extensive menu and our lovely waitress was very helpful while taking the order.
They only have a house wine (choice of red or white in a carafe of various sizes), but this is as I have experienced it in Italy and the red was very enjoyable.
The portions of all the meals were VERY generous, even those from the kids menu and we all struggled to finish. I was able to take the leftover pizza home without even having to ask. The sauces were all home made, even the tomato sauce for the kids chips - a great treat.
We got a complementary bruschetta to start and some of the best biscotti I have ever had to finish.
The service was efficient but not overbearing and when a piece of cutlery hit the floor, the waitress was out with both a knife and fork to replace whichever it was before we had a chance to pick it off the floor!
Complements to the chef and thank you to our waitress and the hostess for a lovely dining experience.

1  Thank OzeMa

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have Italian roots and I can say that the capry bay inn is an air of true Roman.
The food was very good, the waiters very friendly. a young Italian boy made us enjoy playing the guitar songs from Roman and Neapolitan Italian osteria.
If you want to spend an evening at 'sign of good food and fun, I recommend it. Prices are affordable to all.

1  Thank mario c
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went here because of the excellent reviews. Very disappointing. Instead of balsamic vinegar which would ususally accompany olive oil on the table, there was red vinegar, whem we asked if they had balsamic vinegar, the waitress said no, which is unusual in an Italian restaurant. The restauant itself was a bit gloomy, the service unenthusiastic and the live music provided by the guitarist was very poor. We tasted the only wine on offer, apparently Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, but both found it undrinkable and when we asked could we send it back, the waitress refused to take it away! My seafood pasta was overcooked and not made from fresh pasta, with a basic tomato sauce and a very small quantity of frozen seafood ( four small mussels, one prawn) and cost 19 euro! The service was very poor, the fact that we both ate less than half our main courses was ignored and the when the bill came to 71 euro, I discussed this with our waitress who said nobody had ever complained about the wine before. With reluctance, they did not charge for the wine and charged me 10 instead of 19 euro for my pasta, reiterating several times that we were the first people ever to complain about the wine (!!)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was with four friends in Youghal and found the best place to eat Italian, Capri Bay.
The atmosphere is cheerful, helpful and very kind. The food is really delicious!
The characteristic note is given by a young Italian boy, Fabiano who plays guitar and involves customers!
Capri Bay is a cozy restaurant, great! I recommend it!

2  Thank Monia D
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Staying in Youghal a Week and on the Second last night I decided to take my girlfriend for her birthday.
The Staff were great, and the lady who served was pleasant and helpful. The atmosphere was great, but the real reason why the experience made such an impression is the food.
We were stunned by the quality of the starters, and were expecting the Mains to pale in comparison, but they didn't. Both of us were delighted with the night.
Wondering, what to do for the next days dinner, both of us were thinking the same thing: Let's go back!
Again, the experience took us by surprise. We didn't expect the food to be as good as the night before but it was!
l ordered the "authentic" Carbonara and it was!
Made just as I remembered it from Pompeii, it tasted Better!
Just as the Pizza did the night before, it was the memories of our time In Italy that brought the night alive.
I'll always remember this place, and It will be the reason l next stay in Youghal.

1  Thank Mark D