“Great place to visit, recommend both town and accommodation”
Review of Leahys Lee House

Leahys Lee House
Ranked #6 of 7 Youghal B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Loved our visit to Youghal. Town is really interesting. Found loads to do. Hostess was very helpful, recommended lovely walks by the old town walls, great sense of history in the place. Accommodation was great value for money. Breakfast was the best part, really set us up for the day. The weather didn't even matter while we were in Youghal. Stayed three nights, would have loved to stay longer. Work!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Monica B

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I booked Leahys Lee based on the all round 5 star reviews but honestly don't know how they gave the place higher than 1 star!!

Sleeping in the car would be a godsend in this place....its horrific to say the least!

Cheap yes, but I'd sooner sleep on the beach tbh....

Stains everywhere, the bathroom has faeces behind the sink (rat or human I don't know!!), most places in the room hadn't been hoovered in 20 years or more....the list is endless tbh and I'm surprised we didn't catch something!

Breakfast was fine, food was ok....

The owners don't actually stay here...they live up the road...I guess that tells you what they think themselves lol

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank The_Changing_Man
Reviewed August 7, 2011

While watching TV at 11:30 pm myself , my wife and children were disturbed by loud persistent thumping on the Walls and door by "The Managment" complaining that the Portable TV was too loud !
The windows don't close , the shower curtain was filthy , the fire alarm doesn't work, there is no vent in the room (apart from the window)!the decor is 1970s !

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Thickmick
Reviewed March 17, 2011

My wife and I ended up staying here after another B&B double-booked, but it worked out really well. Great location and nice rooms. The owner helped us plan some trips and we discovered some really cool places to visit that we wouldn't have known about otherwise. And I fell in love with their Irish Breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2011

I travel a lot with work and really do miss the feeling of home, I got it all at Leahys B&B, Clean , great food, and that lovely friendly service.I wished I had the chance to stay and have a good look at Youghal but I was on business and just passing through . Angela told me so much about Youghal but I will go back in the summer with my family and I will be staying in Leahys and I am looking forward to seeing all that I miss out on . Well done Angela.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Clodagh987
Reviewed October 1, 2010

We stayed at leahys b and b for three nights and had a wonderful time. The house was bright, rooms very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent cooked to order and you could choose anything you wanted from the menu.
Mike and Angela were great with loads of helpful tips about Youghal and the surrounding country side. Mike even gave us a tour of his dairy farm just outside the town. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Wonderful location. Very clean. Great facilities. Lovely food. Real friendly people. What more can you ask for.

Oh yes Youghal has improved so much. Great new resturants and tourist facilities.

We will be back.

1  Thank Westeuro
Management response:Responded September 29, 2010

Thanks for your kind words. Hope to see you again sometime.