“Under pressure but faultless dishes”

Aherne's of Youghal
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Youghal
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant in Aherne's was fully booked by a group the evening we visited so we ate in the bar. Setting was perfectly fine for dinner but at the beginning the staff seemed so tense we wondered why they had taken our booking. When our dishes arrived we were glad they had! All dishes were generous, interesting and full of flavour. Between the 7 of us, we tried many dishes and all were of a very high quality - in particular, I will make a return trip for the salads, but equally my steak was very tender, although I would prefer medium rare to be a little bloody. We shared desserts and enjoyed excellent coffee. Worth visiting!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

we had our dinner in the bar , there is an outside eating area but we thought it was going to rain so ate inside. I had the crab salad which was only a starter but the waiter said it was bia and he was right. Nice that i was advised that a starter was big enough

Reviewed July 2, 2014

the food was lovely and the service great, would go again but perhaps for special occasion not an every day eating place. we did find the tables too close together for maximum usage but made it not very private.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Myself and my husband stayed here for one night earlier this month Our stay included dinner which was really good - although the bar menu looked equally good and if I stayed again I would eat in the bar. Our room was on the ground floor at the back of the pub/restaurant and was very big and wonderfully quiet.
the put itself has a nice atmosphere and all the staff are very welcoming. The put itself is situated in great spot for access to lovely medieval Youghal and they have private off street parking. It's a lovely little spot with good food and well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Having read reviews on-line of this restaurant, we couldn't miss an opportunity to eat here when we were in Youghal.

Food was very good but I expected slightly better.
I found the prices to be a little on the high side for what we got.

1  Thank JDMC2014