“Lovely place to stay and eat”

Aherne's of Youghal
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Youghal
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Myself and my husband stayed here for one night earlier this month Our stay included dinner which was really good - although the bar menu looked equally good and if I stayed again I would eat in the bar. Our room was on the ground floor at the back of the pub/restaurant and was very big and wonderfully quiet.
the put itself has a nice atmosphere and all the staff are very welcoming. The put itself is situated in great spot for access to lovely medieval Youghal and they have private off street parking. It's a lovely little spot with good food and well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Having read reviews on-line of this restaurant, we couldn't miss an opportunity to eat here when we were in Youghal.

Food was very good but I expected slightly better.
I found the prices to be a little on the high side for what we got.

1  Thank JDMC2014
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Excellent sea food for lunch or dinner. Great choice for anyone who enjoys sea food. I would recommend the mussels for starters which are served with delicious brown bread. The only downside to Aherns is that you feel rushed to finish your meal and the place is quite small. We also had to ask for a jug of water which should have provided when we ordered a bottle of wine with our meal. However, it was very refreshing to actually get organic tasty vegetables which can often be an afterthought for most places.

1  Thank anne c
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Aherne's is on Main Street and offers a restaurant, or bar or patio for an afternoon stop in this town where our Irish relatives go for there ocean get away. Manager and wait staff very accommodating and helpful to a first time traveler to Ireland.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Very poor customer service. Definitely not coming back. Ordered seafood chowder and was awfully tasteless, I have eaten better take away chowder that I bought in a fish shop. But what bothered me the most was staff attitude. And even though I haven't eaten the chowder I was charged for it after letting them know that it was bland, bland. The chicken with the stir fry vegetables was ok but the portion was so big that would feed three people. The bread pudding, to be honest, the one I buy in Marks and Spencer is way better, that is ridiculous.

4  Thank Tinizim