“Fabulous food and personal service.”

Aherne's of Youghal
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Youghal
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We recently had lunch at Aherne's of Youghal and really enjoyed our experience. They had a three course lunch on offer in the bar which I tried and it was delicious and extremely good value at €10pp. The seafood open sandwich was a mixture of all kinds of fish mashed together with a marie rose sauce and served with a side salad on brown bread. My partner had Seafood Chowder which was also very good. The homemade shortbread biscuits are to die for! I can thoroughly recommend this restaurant and would love to go back sometime for dinner as the evening menu looked really good. My only quibble was that they had signs up asking people not to use mobile phones which I find extremely annoying especially in this day and age when so many people communicate by mobile phone! Apart from that, it was a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a lovely meal here recently. It was a quiet enough Saturday night and we had a fussy 12 year old with us. I had the mussels to start which were lovely and the trio of fish to follow. All very good indeed. The waitress was fantastic and made a real fuss of the 12 year old who loved it and ate everything on his plate which is most unusual! We will definitely go back.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

my husband and I travel around Ireland quite a bit. So we have ate in seafood restaurants all over the country and believe me Aherne's stands out on its own. We had crab and scallops for starters which were both delicious. My husband had the fish platter which consisted of six different fish, each one fresh and tasty and perfectly cooked. I had hake and scallops which were magnificant. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. So if you really want a great seafood experience Aherne's of Youghal is the place to go.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Very accommodating of a large group, happy to do 1/2 portions for kids, food very good - we all had lovely plaice fillets. Very nice lady servicing/running it. Just a good quality, nothing-too-fancy fish restaurant. Would recommend it.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Excellent seafood chowder in Ahernes - and I make quite a good one myself. Didn't get to try the other dishes, but if the chowder was anything to go by, they must be good. The chowder was packed with the freshest fish ever, and not too creamy - just perfect.