Plantation Lodge B&B
Cabra Castle Hotel(Kingscourt)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsattending a weddingon arrivalstayed herecabra castlegreat hostsnext morningspotless roomshome from hometea and coffeecomfortable staya lovely place to staybreakfast was deliciousrecommend staying herenight staya great staytop classeach morning
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed in Plantation lodge while attending a wedding in Cabra Castle. Kathleen was definitely the perfect hostess, very friendly and more than helpful. She organised lifts to and from the castle for us and when one of our party left his keys behind she went out of her way and drove into Carrickmacross and left the keys somewhere safe for us to collect, it saved me at least another half hours drive. Thank you so much for that!! The rooms were perfect, very clean warm and comfy. Breakfast was lovely, there was great variety and lots of everything.. Plantation Lodge has a very homely feel to it and we would definitely recommend it to anyone, the service was very personal and it was excellent value for money...Thank you so much......

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Tea/coffee and biscuits on arrival beside the log fire (much needed - drafty day) followed by lift up to Cabra Castle. Emmet gave us a lift home at 3am. No need for taxis - great service. Choice of cereals, fruit, yogurts and a full Irish with wheaten bread and toast. The only thing I would say was the shower was very hot and I couldn't seem to reduce heat - but I needed it. Doesn't detract from the great service provided. Go raibh maith agaibh.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed at Plantation Lodge the night before a wedding in Cabra Castle. We were very late arriving and couldn't find the B&B in the dark, so we called Kathleen for directions and her husband drove down to pick us up and show us the way - much appreciated at 10.30pm!

The room was lovely, very warm and comfortable, and the bathroom was absolutely spotless. My partner wanted a lie-in the next morning whereas I needed to get up early, and Kathleen was very accommodating and was happy to prepare breakfast for us at different times. I have quite specific dietary requirements (no wheat or gluten) and had let Kathleen know in advance about this - usually hotel breakfasts are very limited for me, but Kathleen had picked up special toast, yogurts, spread and milk which was incredibly thoughtful and much more than I expected!

We had a great stay, it was a very personal service and excellent value. We would very much recommend Plantation Lodge to anyone.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
plantationlodge, Owner at Plantation Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

It was a pleasure to read such a positive review .I am delighted that the experience you had with us has prompted you to share your comment on trip advisor. We like to provide the highest quality of service I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again your comment is very much appreciated. Kind Regards Kathleen & Emmet .

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Was attending a wedding in Cabra Castle and location was brilliant. Owners provided lifts to and from the castle. They were very helpful, rooms were perfect, very clean. Breakfast was very nice.
Great value for money and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us .It was a pleasure to read a positive feedback I hope we will be welcoming you back again soon. Regards Kathleen & Emmet.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed over night for a wedding in Cabra Castle New Years eve ,Emmet and his family are lovely people made us feel so welcome.When we arrived they layed on wine cakes tea and coffee, Emmet went out of his way to help us he drove us to the wedding and at 4oclock in the morning drove us home from the wedding. I highly recommend it to others It is the best B&B we have had the pleasure to stay in . Thanks for a wonderful stay

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
plantationlodge, Owner at Plantation Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

I'm delighted you had a good stay thank you for taking the time to share your review. It was a pleasure to have you staying . Kind Regard Emmet and Kathleen.