“Beautiful Stay”

Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cavan
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Spent a weekend here with 20 family members from my first call to arrange this until we checked out the staff were amazing, evening meal was beautiful with excellent service. It was a bit strange to see everyone walking around in their robes but with in an hour of arriving we were also relaxing in our robes!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Maria P

Delighted to read that you and your group enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere at Farnham, which is what we love to hear!

Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We attended our Nephews wedding and stayed at the venue for 4 nights. The whole experience was excellent. The rooms were a good size and comfortable. The bathroom was particularly good shower powerful. The hair dryer was poor which in my experience is usual in most hotels so thank goodness I took my own. The Spa pool and fitness complex was amazing. The food was of a good standard and plenty of choice. I would not recommend it for families with children as they are not aloud in the pool.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear CadCoventry

Thank you for your lovely Trip Advisor Review.

So delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Farnham Estate for your nephew's wedding and I do hope that the wedding celebrations went well and Farnham will hold special memories for you and your family.

I note your comment regarding the hairdryer in your room and have passed this to our Accommodation Manager.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

To sum it up simple, most relaxing time we have ever spent, food in cellar bar amazing , spa complely out of this world, rooms perfect ,great location for "getting away from it all" everyone just so relaxed and people from all walks of life can feel comfortable on this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
Andrew D, General Manager at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Marknes

What a lovely review!

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, which I have passed to the team here at Farnham Estate.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you feel like "getting away from it all"!.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My 4th visit to this hotel. Spa excellent. Little disappointed on this occasion, but I will return, God willing. Hope what I noted in submission will be acted upon. Staff friendly. I came with a friend and she would like to return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Edna M

Dear Edna M

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

I am sorry for any disappointment on this visit, but glad to read that you will return.

Yes, indeed your comments from our on-line survey were certainly passed to me and which I have discussed with my Management Team here at Farnham Estate.

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding staff and delighted to read that your friend will be returning and we look forward to welcoming you both back sometime soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife in December.
There was a number of little maintenance issues with the room. We of course complained and instead of moving us to a trouble free room they sent the maintenance man up. In fairness he tried to sort the issues but he admitted defeat and eventually we were moved. Surely this should have been done immediately. I saw James the next day and thanked him for his efforts.
All in all it was just ok

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grimeyk

Dear Grimeyk

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by having to move rooms due to maintenance issues and I do hope that the room was to your satisfaction and overall, you enjoyed your trip to Farnham Estate.

Looking forard to the opportunity of welcoming you back sometime soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there with my family ( 3 small kids) for couple of days.

We did not enjoy at all.
Check in at reception was very long, even those it was not busy.
Receptionist was very rude, she was dealing with us and on the phone at the same time.
After long trip with kids we just wanted to get to our room and relax.
We went to bar for a lunch.
Unfortunately they are not kids friendly.
Will not come back to this hotel. There are so many other good hotels worth visiting.

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Anya1298

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to Farnham Estate and thank you for your feedback.

Perhaps you will reconsider your decision and return to the hotel, as we would welcome the opportunity of restoring your faith in us.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently, it's a very nice hotel with lovely rooms. It's is however way over-priced. Despite it being a good hotel it's definitely not worth that money. I was however very very disappointed that being told I could not check in until 4pm, which I think is way too late. When I went to check in at 4pm I was told that the room still wasn't ready, I had to wait until nearer 5, that's a joke. That price 4 a room and u can't get into it until 5pm and kicked out at 12 next day. Perhaps the management might look to improve this

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Daniel M

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review and your lovely comments regarding the hotel and it's rooms.

I am sorry that you felt it was overpriced and your room was not ready on arrival. This is something that I will be discussing with my Management Team.

I do hope that you will return to Farnham Estate and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Andrew Drysdale

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavan
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
#3 of 4 in Cavan
The Farnham Arms Hotel
Errigal Country House Hotel
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges

Been to Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!